AR3000A reset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyK3

I have an AR3000A Scanner. If it has been disconnected from all power for a fair while upon turning on it will not start in an ordered fashion. All the display characters are on and the scanner is 'hung'.
I replaced the 3V batt which was dead but to no avail.
My understanding is that before the main control micros starts up they are often held low by a charging RC cct waiting for other sections to startup.
However the 3V batt sits on the micro reset pin.
Pressing the internal RESET gets it all back on track. Can't make it out and I do have the service manual.
Cap actoss the reset button has also been replaced.
I am an experienced techo and old Ham but I've given this unit the time where things usually get 'footballed' out the door but I want the scanner and am prepared to eat humble pie here and ask for help.

Any solutions,experiences,suggestions are welcome.

ballymore

re setting aor 3000a to work again.

hi there,
perhaps you could e- mail A.O.R (UK) richard hilliar is a very helpfull person in these matters. (or aor japan?),

cheers,
mike (n.z)

BillyK3

AOR Reset

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the advice - may do that.
However, since posting I have found that the problem only comes up if it it is in the OFF position when turned on. That is with just the clock running.
After spending quite a bit of time I've decided it's not such a problem (in other words I gave up).

As well and don't tell anyone (hi) I removed the internal reset switch and soldered it on the other side of the PCB. I then drilled a 1mm hole just below the "N" and the "S" in 'COMMUNICATIONS' on the front panel. When it needs a reset I poke a small needle in the hole and do the reset.

As the AR3000's are getting on and you can hardly see it - I live with it.

Thanks again.

Bill

ballymore

aor 3000a problems

hi again,

i should have also said to--- check the power supply! (that it is giving out 12/14 v ),as i had a simlar problem with an aor 3000a ,that i had.

cheers,
mike

BillyK3

Thanks again Mike I'm sure I would have done that (hoping - can't argue I did tho') as I was at it for quite a while. I'm well seasoned in electronics and the supplies are one of the first to check especially nowadays with all the crappy electros about. But I take your suggestion and next time I feel enthused I'll run through it again. At the mo it's OK if left on at the set and turned off at the wall. Found that out since the back was off so that'll be another avenue to pursue.

Thanks
BillK

Status
Not open for further replies.