AR2002 computer interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICHAELCZ

i am relatively new to the forum (and based in england ), i have an AR 2002, there appears to be very little published information on how to use the computer interface. is it a standard RS232 ? or some unique AOR system.
AOR take the position that it is an obsolete system and they have no information. does anyone have any information on using the connector to connect the receiver to a pc
rgds
mc

majoco

Stirrer
I bought an AR2002 way back in the 80's and asked the same question. I even wrote to AOR in Japan. They said that the receiver was now obsolete and they had no more parts for it. I think they may have misunderstood the question. Your Walkers & Stanton had the interface in their catalogue (remember this was pre-internet!) which they would sell to me for about £150, way over my budget, but they had no software - I would have to find or write my own. :roll:

RayK

You have settings not to accept PM,or it's block.I have a zip file with all the AR2002 info,includes the interface SD and Aor Tech Info(2Mb and RR only alows to d/l 195kb),I owned a 2002and its a great receiver.Ray

MICHAELCZ

dear RayK,
thank you for your msg , i think the system set the block for new users.
my contact email is michael56@mdx.ac.uk i would be grateful if you could send the data
rgds
michael

MICHAELCZ

thanks for the information , things have not changed much W&S are offering a special build at 3 figure sum , out of my price, could buy a new system
rgds
michael

RayK

Michael,I just sent you an e-mail with the AR2002 info in a zip file,good luck with this underated radio.
Ray K

RayK

To: Gryhon6 and Metrofire31 ,check your e-mail ,I sent you the 2002 files ,it's a big file 2.3 MB.
I'm glad that many years ago I kept this info on dvd's as a backup files,enjoy,ray

4Z5DF

Software for RC Pack

Hi:
I have the AR2002 and also RC Pack. If anyone has software diskette that came with the RC Pack I'd greatly appreciate copy. Haven't tried the RC Pack yet, but it looked new including documentation. Before I found the RC pack I contemplated interfacing to PC via the front panel switches on AR2002 which should be easier than fiddling around with the rear panel connector and its custom protocol. I think that Arduino could do the job.
There is an interesting patent US Patent 5,163,161 from 1992 which can be downloaded free and suggest that interested forum members obtain it.
I'm waiting for my RTL-SDR to arrive and then I'll see how it works as SDU for the AR2002 by hooking up to IF.

Cheers
Aryeh 4Z5DF

Kilo-Niner

AR-2002 Info

Ray -

Good evening Sir, and I hope that this message makes it to you given the age of the last post in this forum. If at all possible, I would also like to respectfully request a copy of the AR-2002 software files that have been mentioned in the posts below. Please send to the following address (replace "{at}" with "@" and "{dot}" with "."):

kilo-niner{at}peoplepc{dot}com

Many thanks in advance, and sorry for the thread "necromancy" here... 73s! =)

Most Respectfully,

Kilo-Niner

Status
Not open for further replies.