RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > AOR Receivers

AOR Receivers - A forum for the discussion of all AOR scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 7:13 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default *****very important discovery*****

I have recently discovered that there are variations of 'restricted' AR-DV1's, which deal with the restrictions in different ways.

eSPYonARD has to regularly check many things in order to keep its screen display updated.

Two of those involve interrogating the Radio regarding 'de-scrambler' settings.

Many restricted AR-DV1's accept those commands, and send out the replies as per AOR's manual. I know that to be true because I have lots of Customers who I am in contact with, using the U.S. Radio.

However some restricted Radios do not. They either send no replies, or non documented ones.

That will cause problems with the program, as it checks and re-sends commands if the AR-DV1 does not reply as documented.

There was no way of knowing this anomaly existed, especially as so many 'restricted' AR-DV1's worked with no problem. Thank goodness a new User contacted me just a week ago, and because of that it became apparent, and it could be corrected.

When I became aware of this I incorporated a 'checking routine' which can identify when certain AR-DV1's experience this anomaly, and once identified the program no longer calls those routines, thus eliminating the problem.

NOT as simple as it sounds as AOR provide no way of distinguishing between different AR-DV1 variations.

This 'fix' will be in the new update v.60007-007, and a LOT of other new things too.
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2017, 5:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default new eSPYonARD_vi user

A big thanks goes to Jeff for all his help (many hours) getting the software to run on my PC,
I really appreciate it Jeff. Keep up the good work on this fabulous software for my
AR-DV1
Old 06-18-2017, 7:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0BIZ View Post
A big thanks goes to Jeff for all his help (many hours) getting the software to run on my PC,
I really appreciate it Jeff. Keep up the good work on this fabulous software for my
AR-DV1
Many thanks for this post, and if you had not contacted me I would not have discovered the anomaly about some of the 'restricted' AR-DV1's, and worked out a definitive 'fix'.

To misquote 'Animal Farm', I am still surprised that "some AR-DV1's are more equal than others", lol,

As I mentioned in the post above, since I knew lots of U.S. AR-DV1's worked fine with eSPYonARD as it was, this might never have come to light.

The time we took was well spent, and will no doubt be of benefit to others.

You already have a late BETA of the yet to be released v.60007-007', but if anyone with restricted versions of the Radio had problems running eSPYonARD due to this matter, it is neatly and definitely fixed in the next update.

Cheers