AOR DV1 New FIrmware V. 1602A

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

AOR has posted a new firmware update for the DV1 receiver. Specifications as follows:

AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v1602A RELEASE NOTES

(c)2016 AOR, LTD.

April 19, 2016

This update will correct issues that some customers experienced, it also adds more functionality to the AR-DV1. AOR is committed to the continuous improvement of its products and will post firmware updates periodically to further extend the capabilities of this receiver.

IMPORTANT!
This firmware update will clear all your channel, bank and configuration memory data. It is therefore advised to make a backup on SD card as described chapter 5-2 of the user manual, and to restore this data after the firmware update.

Following bugs have been removed:
-SCAN sometimes stopping after a couple of minutes.
-After using TIMER/ALARM function with SQL open, it stayed open even after ending the function.
-SCAN/SEARCH GROUP last-one memory data not saved when shutting receiver off.

MStep

3 months of waiting for this small update you must be kidding ? Not happy

Yes, I imagine anyone waiting for anything "major" to happen with the DV1 (perhaps P25 Phase 2, or other digital modes), has to be disappointed, unless some other features were incorporated in the firmware that were not outlined in the release information.

Keep in mind that the DV1 apparently continues to be a "work in progress", but (as I have been told several times from highly reliable sources), there is no guarantee that any other digital mode is possible with the existing hardware configuration.

Nevertheless, over the past several months, there are several ideas that I suggested to AOR that could likely have worked with the existing hardware, that could have made the DV1 a bit more "user-friendly", and would have enhanced some of the radio's features and functions. It would appear that this release just addressed some bug fixes, rather than add any features.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
DV1

Agree, was hoping for maybe nexedge 12.5 voice and dmr; nexedge group id display.
Well there's always the next update !!

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I agree with philacop.

I think that talkgroup display/scanning for P25, DMR, and NXDN would be very valuable. With that functionality, trunked and conventional systems can be scanned "conventionally" by talk group and trunking won't be needed, Yes it won't be a as efficient as using a control channel but it should not be too bad.

MStep

Perhaps Some Encouragement

There is perhaps some encouragement in this latest release--- if you look at the release number (1602A), based on previous AOR releases, the "02" would indicate that this might have originally been scheduled for a February release.

Usually, the first two digits of the release are the year, the second two are the month, and the letter is the release issue for that month. So my guess is that this was originally scheduled for February, but got pushed out a bit late, and perhaps there is something else on the horizon.

dmaria

AOR has posted a new firmware update for the DV1 receiver. Specifications as follows:

AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v1602A RELEASE NOTES

(c)2016 AOR, LTD.

April 19, 2016

This update will correct issues that some customers experienced, it also adds more functionality to the AR-DV1. AOR is committed to the continuous improvement of its products and will post firmware updates periodically to further extend the capabilities of this receiver.

IMPORTANT!
This firmware update will clear all your channel, bank and configuration memory data. It is therefore advised to make a backup on SD card as described chapter 5-2 of the user manual, and to restore this data after the firmware update.

Following bugs have been removed:
-SCAN sometimes stopping after a couple of minutes.
-After using TIMER/ALARM function with SQL open, it stayed open even after ending the function.
-SCAN/SEARCH GROUP last-one memory data not saved when shutting receiver off.

Good Morning,

Have you tried the "Function+Record" function? the firmware record button. Thee update seems to have disabled the record button. Now I cannot restore revert back to the old firmware.

HELP!

Did a full reset. Now working....whew!

Last edited:

MStep

Good Morning,

Have you tried the "Function+Record" function? the firmware record button. Thee update seems to have disabled the record button. Now I cannot restore revert back to the old firmware.

HELP!

Did a full reset. Now working....whew!

The "Record" function seems to be working fine with the new firmware, as is "Function & Record", which brings up access to the card. Two things come to mind:

1) Is the SD card properly inserted, and
2) DId you give the radio a moment after turning it on in order to recognize the card?

I see resetting the radio did the trick for you, but those two suggestions for others who might encounter the problem.

gagilley03

There is perhaps some encouragement in this latest release--- if you look at the release number (1602A), based on previous AOR releases, the "02" would indicate that this might have originally been scheduled for a February release.

Usually, the first two digits of the release are the year, the second two are the month, and the letter is the release issue for that month. So my guess is that this was originally scheduled for February, but got pushed out a bit late, and perhaps there is something else on the horizon.

Anybody been hearing any "chatter" when there may another update coming? Still waiting for Nexedge 12.5 khz

dudekindjack

No, not heard anything . They was rumored to be a release in march or april, maybe even around Dayton time frame of an uodate, but there never was. It would be super nice tho if we did get those with a update. I still, as much as I want it think it's wishful thinking on those upgrades.

NL12892

it takes a long time before there will be another new update.
Also it would be useful if the Nexedge get expanded by 12.5 KHz and
would Tetra digital mode illustrated may be added which is used much more than Eoropa DMR someone who knows more here
Greetings Peter NL12892

MStep

Anybody been hearing any "chatter" when there may another update coming? Still waiting for Nexedge 12.5 khz

Hey Guys---- I'm starting to get a "gut feeling" that perhaps the DV1 may lack to necessary hardware to add P25 Phase 2, and possibly ditto for other modes as well. Nothing definite, and no one whispering in my ear. Just call it intuition, and I certainly hope that I am wrong.

Perhaps AOR will take a page from the Uniden playbook and prepare future receivers with the necessary hardware to expand, after all, the DV1 is supposed to be an "SDR" (Software Defined Radio). Uniden surprised many folks with Provoice last year, and now it looks like DMR is on threshold of getting a final release, after several months of beta testing, at least for the flagship 436 and 536 units.

Once again, this is all supposition; I for one would certainly be happy if I were proved wrong and AOR was able to "eek out" a few more digital modes in the DV1.

Status
Not open for further replies.