AR7030 repair - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnoelw

I've had my 7030 since the late 90's and it has been such a fantastic radio. Due to work commitments, I hadn't switched it on for a couple of months until last night. The screen lit up with a lot of icons which definitely weren't the settings I had been last using - pre-amp, squelch, etc. Some of the filters had no value associated with them. In other words a lot of nonsense. I tried re-calibrating the filters. The system went through the routine but the values didn't "take". The screen also went totally blank a few times.

I left the power supply plugged in overnight but the same issues persisted this morning.

I wonder whether the small backup battery has finally given up the ghost. I have a feeling that maybe the eeprom has become corrupted.

Does anyone have any ideas? The power supply is still delivering 15V. The firmware version is 14B.

I have recently returned to England from many decades in Africa. There used to be a chap in the Midlands, Mark Sumner, who undertook repairs. I dropped him an e-mail last night, but the address I have is at least 10 years old. Is there anyone still supporting this radio?

G7HID

Waters & Stanton are the UK agent for AOR....

Waters and Stanton
Call: 01702 204965 or 01702 206835
International calls: +44 1702 206835
Email: sales@wsplc.com
Address: Waters & Stanton Ltd, Spa House, 22 Main Road, Hockley, Essex, SS5 4QS, UK

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.