AR-DV1 and SA7000 Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzBassman

Hello to the Forum. I am a new chum here and have a couple of questions as I do my homework before purchasing an AR-DV1.

I am wondering if anyone has connected an AOR SA7000 antenna to their AR-DV1?

SA7000 | ANTENNAS | AOR,LTD. Authority On Radio Communications

I am considering on purchasing an AR-DV1 for our coastal caravan park cabin. The foot print of the cabin is small, two bedrooms, shower, toilet, kitchen and lounge (open plan). I do not have the room to put up a sloper, dipole, end fed or other antennas.

The plan is to listen to AM shortwave broadcast band stations from New Zealand, and Asia of a night time. I may try to pull in the weak ones on a quiet night. Though more than not I like to listen to news about our local Pacific neighbours and radio shows. Then of a daytime if the weather is inclement listen to local Country Fire Authority on P25, Country VHF Police and Marine Frequencies on AM and FM.

First priority is SWL and digital modes second. Maybe I will swing around the other way as I have never owned a scanner before. I do have a number of amateur radios, though never used them for the purpose of scanning.

Location is in S.E. Victoria Australia. At the bottom of Australia, except for Tasmania, one stop further south.

What I am concerned about is the signals received by this antenna might be too weak (no reception) or too strong and overload the front-end of the receiver.

For your thoughts and comments.

Warm regards,

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.