eSPYonARD virus infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince64

Hi Gents,
Yesterday I downloaded the new eSPYonARD.
Just to check which valuable features had been improved.
I can't run it just because my uptodate AVIRA anti-virus fired the Com Port Fixer because AVIRA had detected a HEUR/APC virus Inside.
:-(

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
The Dirty Trick Campaign

Hi Gents,
I can't run it just because my uptodate AVIRA anti-virus fired the Com Port Fixer because AVIRA had detected a HEUR/APC virus Inside.

This is another, and very nasty example of the 'dirty tricks' I have had to mention in other recent threads, essentially it is on behalf of a new AR_DV1 program that is about to be released from France.

It is quite clever of course, as it works on the principle that 'mud sticks', in the hope that however untrue, damage can be caused.

It is not, as it may appear, an honest post, but a continuation of a 'hidden agenda' that I hope all, or at least most of those who have followed eSPYonARD will recognise.

I cannot say the ultimate ' has a virus trick' is totally unexpected, but I hoped that such an untrue thing would not be used, as without doubt it actually is counter productive to this 'hidden agenda'.

Those of you who see what is going on will also realise that eSPYonARD must be being seen as a big threat to the new program, so some see it as essential, that doubt is cast on eSPYonARD, and of course, me.

In fact many Forum Members will 'read between the lines', and realise that these tactics only serve to prove exactly how powerful eSPYonARD must be, if such 'dirty tricks' have to be resorted to.

Good luck to the other program. I refuse to play this sort of nasty game. As always,I recommend that people use the 'trial's' of any AR-DV1 program, and decide which suits you best.

Last edited:

G7HID

Hi Gents,

Yes sure you did, funny that I found the same in the Beta version of your DV1 Manager and it has wrecked my hard disk, what do you say to that ??

You might be interested to know that the Com Port Fixer has remained unchanged for the last 6 months without problem, now since you would have downloaded and ran every version of eSPYonARD to see what changes had been made and enhancements added, your anti virus program would have found it 6 months ago ?

Mike

deiraq

Like Mike I am a long time user of eSPYonARD and have downloaded every version of it as it is updated.

I can categorically state that I have never found any virus in the programme.

Think as DV! users we need to ask Vince what is this seeming campaign against eSPYonARD on the forums.

it's a good programme and I am thankful for it and how it has improved the usefulness of my DV1.

TaxiMom

Premium Subscriber
I have used eSPYonARD for a very long time. I had some problems with a Windows 10 downloaded update and then YESTERDAY, 3/20/17, I deleted a lot of my PC programs and decided to download eSPYonARD, and did that and I am up and running just like always. I had no problem (except with Windows 10 and it was no fault of eSPYonARD). I have found this program very useful, easy to use, and would not want to use another.

Again, when I downloaded yesterday, I had NO problems, and definitely no virus. You must have gotten your virus, if you indeed had one, from somewhere else.

It is smooth sailing on my DV1 as always! Thanks to this WONDERFUL Program!

MStep

I have been an avid eSPYonARD user now since its very inception, and have never run into any problems with any virus or any other type of infection either in or from the program.

It's always possible that some virus scanners can come up with false positives for programs they are not familiar with, although that has never happened to me with eSPY. It's always a good idea to manually set a restore point within Windows prior to installing any new software, but I have never had a problem with eSPYonARD.

I have known Jeff (the creator of eSPY) for the past year or so, and know that he is extremely diligent with his program.

F5HPE

Yes sure you did, funny that I found the same in the Beta version of your DV1 Manager and it has wrecked my hard disk, what do you say to that ??
Mike

Mike,!
I'm the author of DV1 Manager.
My DV1 Manager is not available for now. It should be very soon.
So YOU CAN'T HAVE one of my RELEASE.
In conclusion, DV1 MANAGER is not responsible about your own mistake that has wrecked my hard disk.

Faramir

Premium Subscriber
...can't run it just because my uptodate AVIRA anti-virus fired the Com Port Fixer because AVIRA had detected a HEUR/APC virus Inside.
My protection programs (Sophos Home / Malwarebytes) do *NOT* report anything wrong with any part of eSPY nor did they ever! At the very best your AVIRA reported a false positive.

You ask NO confirmation from other users but instead you simply dump a clearly *FALSE* conclusion like a undisputable fact! I suspect you want to gain support for your own program by discrediting a wonderful piece of software and/or it's creator. Stating that a virus is inside this program without any decent investigation (no corroboration from other users and protection software) is frankly sir, a very lousy thing to do and I think you owe Jeff at least a public apology!

In any case I'm not going to reward you even by trying your program.
You made my loyalty to eSPY and Jeff even greater.

Last edited:

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone

Sincere thanks to all of the above.

I do not take anything lightly regarding the program, as most will know, so I Googled this question

HEUR/APC avira

The amount of 'finds' indicating that Avira throws up false positives about this for numerous programs is almost overwhelming.

As the tiny 'ComPort' fixer was mentioned, one might assume nothing could be found indicating anything about the eSPYonARD program itself, but as I said before, a clever, though obvious and nasty ploy.

As stated, ComPort Fixer is a small stand alone program that I wrote and provided just for anyone who had difficulty sorting out getting the AR-DV1 and P.C. drivers. It has been included for at least 6 months, unchanged.

eSPYonARD itself does not call on ComPort fixer anyway, so it has no effect on the program at all.

Every part of eSPYonARD is virus free.

From the beginning I wondered if any Anti-Virus program might question eSPYonARD when it was run the first time, and mention that at www.espyonard.com.

That is because the program, likes millions of others writes and reads Registry values. That is the way it remembers your chosen settings, last used frequencies, etc. That is particularly true the very first time it runs.

Any Anti-Virus program looks for reading or writing to the Registry as part of its job, but a decent one actually examines exactly what is being written and can recognise standard procedures, as in eSPYonARD, and dangerous activity as could be expected from any kind of Malware. It would appear, from the Google results, AVIRA may take a different approach, and immediately flag any Registry writing, without examining what, where, or why.

It may be that by trawling through as many Anti-Virus programs as possible, one finally provided the sort of answer that was being looked for appeared, that could be 'used' against eSPYonARD, in support of this un-called for campaign.

However, please do not be fooled regarding the motives for starting this thread. It is malicious, even if it is cleverly worded so it appears not to be. You only need to read previous posts in other threads to see the inconsistencies.

Please be very wary of any posts about eSPYonARD, particularly by people who have just joined the Forum.

It is only too easy to join using a different name, in order to continue this unpleasant campaign.

The fact that the first post or two may appear to be friendly, or have no hidden Agenda is no guarantee that they are genuinely motivated. Just a prelude to what is to follow.

I am annoyed that other Members are having to be drawn into this. It is not my doing, but I would be failing in my commitment to the Forum if I did not respond.

Obviously I want to draw a line under this. I really hope that sooner rather than later the person who started this thread, whatever name(s) he posts under, realises he is actually promoting eSPYonARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.