New AOR models

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Pricing ?????

Since the AR 5700D will have a significanty higher spec than the new Icom, my prediction is at least £3000 plus.

Multiply that by 3, or more, for the 'Flagship' reveiver. Both are desktop models, and I see they are still showing the AR-DV1 at the Fair, which is small enough to double as a portable receiver too of course.

The AR-DV10 handheld is anyone's guess, but it will have Whistler worried no doubt, however I imagine it will be quite a lot more expensive.

The basic firmware of the new models is likely to be the same or similar to the AR-DV1. That may be good for AR-DV1 future upgrades.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Whistler will likely have nothing to worry about. While they can receive some digital modes, the one thing these ultra-expensive collections of gear can't do that the Whistler scanners can is trunktrack.

Until AOR gets with that program, the markets for these radios is so narrow and different, that it's barely a blip on Whistler's radar.

Mike

HamRFinCT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Interesting vid. That same big tent, set up in any large US city, would need an army of riot police or the place would be ransacked by the "criminal element".

Do they have "those" people in Japan?

Vince64

Do they have "those" people in Japan?

Hi,
can you explain your idea with more precise expression? Sorry, I'm french and I don't understand your comments?
And Google transalation is not clear also.

What' is the link between AOR new products and "Interesting vid. That same big tent, set up in any large US city, would need an army of riot police or the place would be ransacked by the "criminal element".

Thanks for your comments.

dudekindjack

In the video, it shows the ar-dv1, which gives me hope it will have more updates, unless they are showing the less expensive way to listen to digital communication.
Those other models are out of my price range. But are nice.

questnz

DV-10 open Band Plan 100kHz~1300MHzをカバー it will not get FCC approval in current form.
Hopefully UK/AUS/NZ version will not be restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.