AR-DV1, smoked power supply section

Status
Not open for further replies.

byndhlptom

I have acquired a DV1 that took a power surge on the 12v line. Several of the regulator ICs were smoked, previous owner had started repairs, then pretty much given up.

Since this was originally an overseas unit, AOR USA apparently won't touch it. AOR Japan is quoting $500 for a new main pcb, plus labor to replace. Between postage to Japan and back, labor, etc. not economical to go that route.

What I looking (hoping) for are:

A clear pic of the power supply section of the PCB. I need to identify a few parts. The one pic I have is mostly impossible to read resistor values....

A copy of the power section schematic. I know expecting a schematic is a long shot, but I can ask.....

I would entertain the idea of pulling parts front a dead main pcb if by chance someone has one (a real long shot).....

Anyone out there that can help?????

thanks

Ubbe

AOR designed this expensive receiver without any sort of zenerdiod protection and a fuse???
What a huge mistake! No more AOR conciderations for me!

/Ubbe

aryntha

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I was one of the first to own ARDV1 back almost two years ago. My first power supply from them ran very hot. Took it to AOR in Torrance (about 15 miles from me here in So. Calif) and Taka at AOR hooked it up. Was running out about 17.8 volts. They replaced with new one. Second one has remained OK with output about 13 V. Don't use my AR-DV1 much, however, these days.

byndhlptom

AOR AR-DV!

Thanks for the inputs....

This unit was apparently one of the victims of a close lightning strike that killed numerous other devices in the external 12v power bus. The problems appear to all be in the PS section....

I've not given up just yet.....

thanks!

$.02

Status
Not open for further replies.