AOR DV1 new firmware, 1712B N ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotmill57

I just bought AOR DV1 from Akihabara, Japan. When I tried, I saw the display showing the firmware 1712B N. Then I returned to Indonesia, I tried to turn on DV1 with its congenital telescopic antenna.

He can decode the P25 signal, but when it stops on the DMR signal, no audio is heard. Then I read that the latest firmware already released by AOR is 1710C .Is there something wrong with this radio?

What should I do??I expect anyone who might be able to explain what really happened. This is the serial number of AOR I bought: 09523102

Thanks, I am sad if this radio can not work as I see on youtube .

G7HID

I can't answer why your DV1 has that firmware version...
It could be that there is nothing wrong with the radio and the DMR signal you are receiving carries no speech..

AOR have a history of releasing firmware upgrades that fix bugs in previos versions but in turn introduce new bugs !!!

Mike

hotmill57

Maybe I am the lucky one....

Thanks Mike for your comment about my radio here.

After seeing some videos on youtube, I might be wrong in operating my DV1 so I have not been able to decode the DMR signal.
I try to think positively, that indeed AOR has released the latest firmware, which has not been published yet.

And I am a lucky person to receive directly from the manufacturer.

Regards.

Abantea.

hotmill57

After trying in various ways, dv1 is silent for dmr signal. I've tried using the hidden menu by pressing the dial to replace the dmr slot. Still did not work

Should i try to downgrade to previous firmware ??? Any suggestion ??

Regards.

Abantea.

hotmill57

At the present time, I didn't occur trouble.
Do you have non decoded DMR audio ro you have no audio?

This is what happened. I did a search with auto mode. then at a certain frequency, search stops and appears DMR . It's just that no audio is heard. And I tried search again, and there are other frequencies that contain DMR. But still, no audio appears.

Does this mean, the DMR can not be decoded? Or indeed its DMR data only without audio?

Please understand, I am newbie in digital scanning.

Regards

Abantea

G7HID

If working correctly, the DV-1 whilst in AUTO mode will receive DMR voice transmissions and put the audio through the speaker, if it is DMR data the DV-1 will stop on the signal but there will be no audio. Encrypted voice DMR will be heard but garbled through the speaker..

Mike

nravid

AOR DV1 Firmware 1712b

Hello
I received firmware to test 1712b from the AOR I have not encountered any problems.

hotmill57

Problem solved

Hello all. finally the problem is solved. First of all about the firmware, now I know that indeed my radio get the latest firmware that has not been released by AOR.

*Secondly, in the city I live is very little source of its DMR signal. When I try this radio in Jakarta, a lot of DMR signals are heard, not only visible signals.

Even in Jakarta, I can hear D Star, D CR (NXDN), P25 and DMR of course.

Now I am more familiar with this radio, and it's getting more and more felt that this radio is very good.

Regards,
Abantea.

abouhejer

Hi
I'm experiencing the same problem. The radio stops on DMR, the signal bargraph shows strong signal strength but no audio is heard and the squelch does not open.
What is the firmware version you are using? How did it solve the problem and what are you hearing nox ?
Thanx

spikem

DMR no audio

If you ever monitor DMR using DSD+ you will see that there are a lot of data transmissions on DMR that don/t always contain audio. Some are signals to control the network and others are gps location or radios in use signals. Try a feed from the rear of your DV1 to DSD+ on a pc and you will see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.