AOR DV-10 Brochure / Specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
Looks nice, but without trunking, what good is it for most of us?? Very frustrating that ICOM & AOR won't build a receiver with trunking capability.

Bob
N2OAM

AOR-262

@rja1

I've just recently purchased the 'new' Icom IC-8600. This doesn't have the ability to directly receive DMR -- however, connecting a USB cable from the rear I/Q port to my PC and running HDSDR as well as DSD+ I am able to decode DMR. A long-winded work-around but it works.

So it's the same as the DV-10 not having a 'trunking' feature; I put this down to AOR manufacturing a worldwide general receiver. Trunking is used a lot in the United States and most people seem to favor Uniden receivers for trunking. Here in the United Kingdom we don't have trunking so that's a feature no one can use.

Just buy a cheap Uniden receiver that has trunking capabilities and just use the Uniden just for that -- for the rest of what you want to listen to; dig deep into your pocket when it's released.

G7HID

@rja1.. . Here in the United Kingdom we don't have trunking so that's a feature no one can use...

There are a number of large DMR trunked systems in the UK being used by power utility companies etc. and NXDN trunked being used by large bus companies..

Mike

CQ

Having HF CW/SSB on an HT with a rubber duck is a waste.

I haven't played with their receivers, but hope they have good software to allow adding frequencies easy; hopefully allowing imports and at least copy/paste. Entering large amounts of frequencies on a receiver is annoying and so 80/90s.

AOR-262

@G7HID

There are a number of large DMR trunked systems in the UK being used by power utility companies etc. and NXDN trunked being used by large bus companies..

Mike

Ah right -- I was unaware of that. The topic of Trunking doesn't seem to be very popular. What frequency range do they use?

Status
Not open for further replies.