AOR DV1 USB not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG7KFI

The USB is not working -- it was working for a while and suddenly just stopped. Computer does not even recognize the USB cable with radio when I plug it in?? Anyone else run into this problem?

F5HPE

The USB is not working -- it was working for a while and suddenly just stopped. Computer does not even recognize the USB cable with radio when I plug it in?? Anyone else run into this problem?

Hi,
What is your OS version?
Have you check if the "connected" icon was on or off?
73's

KG7KFI

USB Issue

I am using Windows 8.1 and I have restarted radio and computer and tried different computers and different cables. I suspect the USB port is damaged or disabled? Everything else on the radio works perfect just cant get it to be recognized by any computer I use?

F5HPE

Have you tried to connect with a Putty? Have you checked the data speed on the DV1?

KG7KFI

USB Issue

I cannot connect to PUTTY because when I plug in the device and go to Device Manager there is no device being detected so no COM port assignment.

digsatman

I have found that some micro-usb connectors do not work and appear very loose - a slight upward pressure on the lead where it comes out of the micro-usb plug can persuade it to make decent contact.

I found, through trial and error, some leads with micro-usb plugs are a much firmer fit in the DV1 than others.. I am not saying this is your problem but if the plug does not feel firm in the DV1 socket, try an alternative lead/connector - it may solve the problem.

KG7KFI

Thanks for Response

I did try to put moderate pressure on the USB connection to see if it was a bad connection - cold solder joint - or some issue like that but still no response/connection between the radio and computer.

digsatman

I did try to put moderate pressure on the USB connection to see if it was a bad connection - cold solder joint - or some issue like that but still no response/connection between the radio and computer.

Well it was worth a tryu and didn't cost anything!

Ubbe

I would think that a $5 data signal indicator would be helpful to anyone using USB products.
USB Data Indicator, USB Port Tester

/Ubbe

USB-TS01.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.