AOR Web based editor for DV1 and DV10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac20

This might be of interest to users:

--------------------

NEW AR DATA EDITOR

– A convenient browser based memory data editor for the AR-DV1 and AR-DV10 receivers

AR Memory Data Editor:Help

--------------------

Enjoy

woodpecker

This might be of interest to users:

--------------------

NEW AR DATA EDITOR

– A convenient browser based memory data editor for the AR-DV1 and AR-DV10 receivers

AR Memory Data Editor:Help

--------------------

Enjoy

Its not really new and its not convenient becuase you have to remove the SD card from the radio, if AOR would fix all the broken memory commands (and other things) and produce some software that works without having to keep removing the card, that would be convenient.

F5HPE

Its not really new and its not convenient becuase you have to remove the SD card from the radio, if AOR would fix all the broken memory commands (and other things) and produce some software that works without having to keep removing the card, that would be convenient.

So:
- Right hand there is a free solution via AOR Japan web site and also on AOR France one (in french language) which doesn't give you satisfaction.
- Left hand there is no app off line to read CSV file on SD Card from DV1 or DV10 and your are not happy.

In fact, whatever the situation is your are not satisfied.
Is there a day when you are happy? Hey boy, it's time to grow up!

By the way, AR DATA EDITOR had been updated recently.

Enjoy your DV10

c0ne

You can use this offline... it’s all clientside javascript, I just downloaded all its scripts and now i can use it offline and its crossplatform. I dont like it so much either, maybe some cool applications will be made when the remote control stuff is fixed.

TMac20

Hello

All will be well soon - all things are noted by AOR, all things are being worked on by AOR.

As I have stated they may not be able to respond to everything to everyone, but all things are on their lists being worked through very diligently.

Yes, it's annoying - many have reported some improvements at various levels with each update , maybe not ALL things yet, but it will happen.

After all these firmware issues are addressed and if issues still persist and something is way out of wack they will address that too.

If you look at the Uniden SDS100 they have and are going through many issues also. Yes, they have Upman from Uniden on the forums giving feedback where needed, and several updates, but give the DV10 users some more time as the unit is only getting out into the mass market in volume as I write this and AOR some time to work through everything. 3 firmware in 3 months is not bad guys given the complexity of the unit. I know, it's not ideal, I know things might have been different, but we can not look back, we can only move forward.

Patience is the key - I know it's never fun when all are eager to use the device.

woodpecker

Hello

All will be well soon - all things are noted by AOR, all things are being worked on by AOR.

As I have stated they may not be able to respond to everything to everyone, but all things are on their lists being worked through very diligently.

Yes, it's annoying - many have reported some improvements at various levels with each update , maybe not ALL things yet, but it will happen.

After all these firmware issues are addressed and if issues still persist and something is way out of wack they will address that too.

If you look at the Uniden SDS100 they have and are going through many issues also. Yes, they have Upman from Uniden on the forums giving feedback where needed, and several updates, but give the DV10 users some more time as the unit is only getting out into the mass market in volume as I write this and AOR some time to work through everything. 3 firmware in 3 months is not bad guys given the complexity of the unit. I know, it's not ideal, I know things might have been different, but we can not look back, we can only move forward.

Patience is the key - I know it's never fun when all are eager to use the device.

Perhaps you could get AOR to email me this then, becuase this information coming from you, as a potential customer that doesn't own a DV10, who is getting his information from an Australian dealer makes all these comments meaningless.

TMac20

Hello

The information I have is from various sources, is accurate and has benefited all in some way to date.

I will share more shortly.

woodpecker

Hello

The information I have is from various sources, is accurate and has benefited all in some way to date.

I will share more shortly.

Perhaps you could suggest to your sources that its not good business practice, not good for their reputation and not ethical to sell expensive products to customers that don't work correctly.

Your sources then ask the paying customers to be patient, while those paying customers do the testing they should have done in the first place, this is not an acceptable way to behave.

If you would like to return my money while I test AORs beta DV10 product then I'll be patient.

TMac20

Perhaps you could suggest to your sources that its not good business practice, not good for their reputation and not ethical to sell expensive products to customers that don't work correctly.

Your sources then ask the paying customers to be patient, while those paying customers do the testing they should have done in the first place, this is not an acceptable way to behave.

If you would like to return my money while I test AORs beta DV10 product then I'll be patient.

------------------

Hello Woodpecker,

Here are your choices and what I am prepared to offer you;

1. You continue your frustrations on the forum and wait until all things are resolved by AOR as per specification.
2. You return your unit now to the company that you purchased it from, get your refund and then perhaps when your ready in the future you may want to revisit and buy the device.
3. If AOR do not bring the unit up to their specifications as advertised with the updates that they are rolling out, I will buy the unit from you.

I would say it's a no loss situation outside the annoyance you have had with a new product that is continuing to be updated and supported by the manufacturer.

Not a bad offer from a guy from Australia that wants nothing more than you to be happy and move on to better things.

woodpecker

------------------
Here are your choices and what I am prepared to offer you;

Hi TMac

Who are you to offer me choices?

Here are your choices and what I am prepared to offer you:-

1. Tell us who you really are so we can sort out the DV10 properly and make it the receiver it should be.
2. Don't tell us who you are and stop disrupting the genuine conversation discussing the faults and bugs with it.

My offer is to help AOR fix the faults, bugs and problems with it.

TMac20

Hello

I will continue to be helpful to all as I have so far. It's a great thing.

As your tests unfold which I personally am grateful for, we can collectively keep feeding that to AOR. My offer stands (although I don't need 2 DV10's) what if I give you some money for the efforts you have made so far - say $250. Keep on point technically and all will be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.