AOR AR-DV10 display quality problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

satelline

Display quality problem, scratches inside the glass, new receiver.
Can the AOR comment defect of the display, how to repair the radio?
The seller and the manufacturer do not answer me to the letters.

Attachments

• ar3.jpg
    ar3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 673
  • ardv10.jpg
    ardv10.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 659
  • aor.jpg
    aor.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 673

satelline

AOR and inradio_pl do not comment what they did with the receiver. Do not reply to the mail. Probably the receiver was either repaired or returned after looking inside. I was hoping that representatives of the AOR or Yaesu would answer me at the forum.

c0ne

AOR and inradio_pl do not comment what they did with the receiver. Do not reply to the mail. Probably the receiver was either repaired or returned after looking inside. I was hoping that representatives of the AOR or Yaesu would answer me at the forum.

This is beyond acceptable! Sadly there are no AOR official people here except some retailer. If your e-mails are not answered I have no idea what you could do. Its just another thing that adds up to the growing list of AOR/retailer related issues.

woodpecker

The state of that DV10 is apalling, I cannot understand why AOR are not responding to you, what does inradio Poland have to say about it, if they supplied that as new item they are not fit to be trading.

It looks like the inradio.pl sticker is over the screw so it must have been apart and damaged while they had it.

I don't think AOR monitor anything in here, they are too ignorant and arrogant, you might find the French dealer lurking around, he'll probably claim its an added feature!

palmerjrusa

This is terrible customer service, it conveys the impression "we don't care".

If this is a brand new radio it also implies the quality control at AOR is extremely slipshod to put it mildly. These flaws are glaringly obvious.

satelline

The receivers are manufactured in factories Yaesu. Maybe, can buy such a glass, it looks like an air band radio.
Please look carefully their AOR glass under a lamp or sun, do you have such a defect?

woodpecker

The receivers are manufactured in factories Yaesu. Maybe, can buy such a glass, it looks like an air band radio.
Please look carefully their AOR glass under a lamp or sun, do you have such a defect?

My DV10 has no screen defect, it has plenty of other faults (as they all do), drifting frequency, off frequency poor digital decoding, remote commands don't work properly etc etc the display is not scratched though.

Ubbe

The scratches are outside of the glass. You can see them on top of the AOR text and the black border. Did the receiver come in some sort of soft plastic bag that are supposed to stop scratches from happening during transport?

You can easily polish them away with some plexiglass polish for CD discs or similar as they are very shallow and doesn't go deep. If you are not given a replacement, as you are valid to, and if you didn't buy it at a reduced price.

/Ubbe

woodpecker

The scratches are outside of the glass. You can see them on top of the AOR text and the black border. Did the receiver come in some sort of soft plastic bag that are supposed to stop scratches from happening during transport?

You can easily polish them away with some plexiglass polish for CD discs or similar as they are very shallow and doesn't go deep. If you are not given a replacement, as you are valid to, and if you didn't buy it at a reduced price.

/Ubbe

The op has stated they are on the inside.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Hi

1. Was it supposed to be new?

2. How did you pay? If by Credit Card complain to them.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
AOR

I cannot understand why AOR have not replied to you. Try emailing AOR USA and AOR Japan over and over until they reply.. The DV10 remains flawed in so many ways, and in my opinion is not a wise choice, but you should not have to put up with that damage naturally. Good luck.

concord1982

This unit is 'used' and I assume that you purchased a 'new' unit. The marks and stickers support the finding, that it is used.
You are in the EU and have certain rights to return. I would recommend to research these rights you have as a consumer and take appropriate action, making notes of everything and keeping copies. As far as I know, you are entitled to a full refund. This is a used and abused and returned unit.

TMac20

Brand new. I used a bank transfer.

What a disgraceful way to be treated as a customer. All dealers need to take note - if you don't start supporting customers you will be crucified in the long run, we all have a long memory. AOR - you need to start to straighten out your dealers if this is the behaviour. Right now your brand is suffering in a HUGE way.

Ubbe

Polish citizens have very strong consumer rights, a 2 year warranty on all products.
"While lodging a complaint, a consumer having purchased a defective product will have the choice between repairing it, exchanging it, reduction of the price and withdrawal from the contract."

/Ubbe

satelline

New problem

What is this error, what should I do?

Attachments

• err1102_.jpg
    err1102_.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.