Aor dv1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
O.K. AOR DV1 people, my last AOR radio was an 8600 MKIII with the internal P25 board. I sold it on Ebay two years ago. The 8600 had some quirks (slot cards, PRESS vs, PUSH. SEARCH vs SCAN, etc) but I was a happy camper for the most part and felt that I got my money's worth on the purchase. The DV1 is now on my radar. I need a RECEIVER to spot monitor digital signals(DMR, NXDN). Should I pull the trigger or are there better alternatives in the same price range. Again, looking for a receiver not a digital scanner (have them already). Thanks in advance for your input.

tumegpc

O.K. AOR DV1 people, my last AOR radio was an 8600 MKIII with the internal P25 board. I sold it on Ebay two years ago. The 8600 had some quirks (slot cards, PRESS vs, PUSH. SEARCH vs SCAN, etc) but I was a happy camper for the most part and felt that I got my money's worth on the purchase. The DV1 is now on my radar. I need a RECEIVER to spot monitor digital signals(DMR, NXDN). Should I pull the trigger or are there better alternatives in the same price range. Again, looking for a receiver not a digital scanner (have them already). Thanks in advance for your input.

I have the DV1 and I do like it auto decodes DMR and NXDN but I would rather have the handheld version DV10. I love the R30, but no DMR. I don't think there is another receiver in the same price range that can offer what the DV1 has.

woodpecker

The DV1 doesn't support NXDN 9600 if you need that, it also doesn't display any TG/RID info for DMR, only color code.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I have the DV1 and I do like it auto decodes DMR and NXDN but I would rather have the handheld version DV10. I love the R30, but no DMR. I don't think there is another receiver in the same price range that can offer what the DV1 has.

Any reason you would prefer the handheld?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
DV1 vs DV10

You should do some research about the DV10 before making a decision. Lots on here about it. Do not dismiss the posts about the problems. Those are from trustworthy people who I know, whilst others for different motives try to ridicule what has been posted regarding the radios problems. It is unlikely the most fundamental ones can really be fixed with firmware updates, despite what some say.

The DV1 however is a superb receiver. May not quite do everything, but close.

MStep

I am very happy with my AOR DV1. The price has remained fairly constant over the past several years and I can't think of another radio (excepting the DV10), which can automatically tune to such a wide variety of digital signals.

I also have an Icom 8600, which is an absolutely fantastic receiver. At twice the price of the DV1, it does outperform the AOR in many respects. It especially outshines the DV1 on the HF bands, with somewhat greater versatility of operation, at least in my opinion. And the spectrum scope is great.

Unfortunately, Icom decided not to incorporate DMR or Fusion, which makes the DV1 a no-brainer in those monitoring situations.

Key question here--- having the 8600, if something happened to my DV1, would I buy another? Yes, in a heartbeat.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

tumegpc

You should do some research about the DV10 before making a decision. Lots on here about it. Do not dismiss the posts about the problems. Those are from trustworthy people who I know, whilst others for different motives try to ridicule what has been posted regarding the radios problems. It is unlikely the most fundamental ones can really be fixed with firmware updates, despite what some say.

I'll hang on to the DV1 and see what this super duper firmware does for the DV10. I hope the DV1 gets a few enhancements.

MStep

I'll hang on to the DV1 and see what this super duper firmware does for the DV10. I hope the DV1 gets a few enhancements.

Agreed about the DV1 enhancements. Not sure how much they can add to the radio. I would like to see a 3.125 MHz step. In fact, while playing around with the radio once, I did see something about 3.125 on the bottom of the display, but I hit the keys to quickly to realize what it referred to.

It would appear that they need to do some work on the SAL and SAH modes as well. I find it much more "palatable" to use LSB when attempting synchronous detection.

F5HPE

No NB test report to consolidate measurements

Contrary to the vast and smoky campaign of underhand criticism and disinfromation about possible problems on the DV10, no serious measures from a notified body were presented by the detractors of the DV10. In this sense we could have hoped that an indisputable test report could sanction this situation. Only counterfeit and ill-done measures, supported by diverted video, support dubious argumations consolidated by a software publisher that has been banned by AOR.

A member of the RR went so far as to recommend using his eyes and ears as a measuring device in the absence of a calibration test device!

Another member, unreachable by email or MP, has external scratches on the display of his equipment, a corrupted warranty label at the unauthorized opening of the receiver box and is indignant a defect of the manufacturer's warranty.

And what about this owner of this receiver who complains about it but refuses to resell it to separate despite offers to purchase that they were made!

Far from being stupid, the reader will be well advised to reconsider this type of ill-founded argument. This same reader will thus be able to ask a lot of questions until asking if these same characters would not have a more personal interest than collective in such an action of denigration not emphasizing that their own interest.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
(dis)information

I rest my case.

My recommendation, do some research and make your decision, which seems pretty reasonable to me before deciding between the AR-DV1 or AR-DV10. There are a lot of posts on this Forum, and on Facebook groups.

The 'other' point of view has been made above, the accuracy of which and the motivations behind it are for you to judge.

If you decide on the AR-DV1 then I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. After conducting my own tests, using proper equipment, I reluctantly returned my AR-DV10.

woodpecker

The comments of an AOR dealer are always going to be biased as he wants to sell this faulty product he has in stock.

The DV10 drift is so bad he now sells the radio with a sheet saying it doesn't meet frequency spec.

The same dealer also sells cospas keys but due to having no technical knowledge can't decide which mode and bandwidth to use, he shows photos with FM 15kHz BW, a video with FM 30kHz BW but the radio actually selects AM 5.5kHz.

As Marlbrook said, I rest my case.

c0ne

Contrary to the vast and smoky campaign of underhand criticism and disinfromation about possible problems on the DV10, no serious measures from a notified body were presented by the detractors of the DV10. In this sense we could have hoped that an indisputable test report could sanction this situation. Only counterfeit and ill-done measures, supported by diverted video, support dubious argumations consolidated by a software publisher that has been banned by AOR.

A member of the RR went so far as to recommend using his eyes and ears as a measuring device in the absence of a calibration test device!

Another member, unreachable by email or MP, has external scratches on the display of his equipment, a corrupted warranty label at the unauthorized opening of the receiver box and is indignant a defect of the manufacturer's warranty.

And what about this owner of this receiver who complains about it but refuses to resell it to separate despite offers to purchase that they were made!

Far from being stupid, the reader will be well advised to reconsider this type of ill-founded argument. This same reader will thus be able to ask a lot of questions until asking if these same characters would not have a more personal interest than collective in such an action of denigration not emphasizing that their own interest.

Yep everyone who said something bad about the DV10 is fake and a fraud except Frederic Merle.

c0ne

The comments of an AOR dealer are always going to be biased as he wants to sell this faulty product he has in stock.

The DV10 drift is so bad he now sells the radio with a sheet saying it doesn't meet frequency spec.

The same dealer also sells cospas keys but due to having no technical knowledge can't decide which mode and bandwidth to use, he shows photos with FM 15kHz BW, a video with FM 30kHz BW but the radio actually selects AM 5.5kHz.

As Marlbrook said, I rest my case.

But atleast you got it for free, that makes the silly bootscreen addon abit more bearable.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, I doubt that most readers of this thread care about the sarcastic and spiteful remarks coming from some of you. If you can answer the original poster's question about the AOR DV1, feel free to post. If all you are going to do is make comments about each other, please take it elsewhere.

c0ne

Folks, I doubt that most readers of this thread care about the sarcastic and spiteful remarks coming from some of you. If you can answer the original poster's question about the AOR DV1, feel free to post. If all you are going to do is make comments about each other, please take it elsewhere.

If i’m falsely accused of things, and the one who does this isnt stopped i will keep replying and defending myself. It’s sad it has to be this way.

woodpecker

Admin - The op was also requesting an answer as to why the DV10 handheld might be preferred by some. It was pointed out to him that there a long list of proven and well documented faults with the handheld version.

The French AOR dealer then appeared trolling the thread with false accusations against multiple RR users as he has done on many occasions in his hot tempered rants, I therefore presume your comments are aimed at him alone and trust you issued him with an infraction.

Everyone in this thread bar the above mentioned was providing the op with valid and useful information on the DV1 and DV10.

I think the op will enjoy a DV1, its a reasonable receiver if you want all the modes and digital, as I previously said just remember is doesn't support NXDN 9600 and P25 P2 and has very limited digital display info.

Status
Not open for further replies.