AR-DV10 Now $799.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
$799.00 at HRO. I just bought one. Let the games (and drifting) begin :p
Clearing out stock of a troubled model at HRO?
Maybe an "improved" (fixed) model is coming soon (like happened with the Yaesu
FT-991)?

Make sure you test it quickly to make sure it meets your needs. Per HRO's return policy, you only have 10 days to return it (with a 15% restocking fee).

CQ

Was on the fence back before they released and glad I waited. Pulling the trigger on an R30 tomorrow and a price drop on broken hardware isn't going to sway me. Bad hardware can't be fixed with software/firmware. They're clearing for rev 2.

c0ne

It has a few more problems except the drifting, but at least you know what you signed up for :)

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
It has a few more problems except the drifting, but at least you know what you signed up for :)

I guess I like troubleshooting LOL. Yup, thanks to all the info available on this thread and others I do know what I am signing up for. Radio will be here tomorrow, I have my Excedrin on standby.

c0ne

I guess I like troubleshooting LOL. Yup, thanks to all the info available on this thread and others I do know what I am signing up for. Radio will be here tomorrow, I have my Excedrin on standby.

Love to hear your feedback, good and bad

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Love to hear your feedback, good and bad

Not much time to play with it today but so far with the 1810A 2018/10/05 update there is a CTCSS bug. I used the AR Data Editor and added some VHF amateur radio frequencies.
No audio with 5x9 carrier on a memory frequency with CTCSS enabled. I had to go to VFO, manually add the CTCSS tone and once the radio properly passed the audio, go back to memory and manually set the CTCSS tone and it worked. Screw the Excedrin, I need some vodka, LOL. I'll be sending this bug report to AOR. Tuned a few HF AM BCB stations and 80M Ham's, sounded fine. The fit and finish on the radio is outstanding. The charger is garbage. You need the radio attached to the battery to charge, Really? total BS. Tomorrow I'll try some digital decoding....................More to follow.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
$799.00 at HRO. I just bought one. Let the games (and drifting) begin :p
I found this weird site on the Internet where you could look things up. I searched for "A glutton for punishment" and I saw your forum name there and a link to your post. ;)

Yeah, Yaesu has pushed products to market of late that were not ready. From handhelds to their 991 HF radio. Man, that has got to be painful for those in the company with integrity. Sure, we all like getting paid, but what appears to be a business model is unfortunate.

I like what I see with the Icom 7610, but I am waiting for the FT-DX101D to be released and even then a while longer to see what bugs are lurking. The issues of late with their product line is obvious. Someone consciously allowed this buggery to happen.

大変 (Taihen = Terrible, Awful, etc.) This word is used in day to day expressions in Japan. I have a feeling it increased after the purchase of recent releases of Yaesu products.

prcguy

Just get the 7610, its bug free and you won't be sorry.

I found this weird site on the Internet where you could look things up. I searched for "A glutton for punishment" and I saw your forum name there and a link to your post. ;)

Yeah, Yaesu has pushed products to market of late that were not ready. From handhelds to their 991 HF radio. Man, that has got to be painful for those in the company with integrity. Sure, we all like getting paid, but what appears to be a business model is unfortunate.

I like what I see with the Icom 7610, but I am waiting for the FT-DX101D to be released and even then a while longer to see what bugs are lurking. The issues of late with their product line is obvious. Someone consciously allowed this buggery to happen.

大変 (Taihen = Terrible, Awful, etc.) This word is used in day to day expressions in Japan. I have a feeling it increased after the purchase of recent releases of Yaesu products.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
I’ll like to know about Fusion and D-Star

Dan

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm listening to Fusion Now on a local VHF repeater the audio sounds good to me. I do have a short video if you are interested. PM me.

Last edited:

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
So after several days of use can you give us a mini review?

The DV-10 is the best hand held wideband receiver in ANALOG that I have ever owned. Better than the AR8200 and blows the Alinco DX-11 (for sale now LOL) away. The digital decode is as previously stated by many others, a mess. Yaesu Fusion decode is the best (wider bandwidth?) I am glad for this because that is the digital mode I am most interested in. P25 phase one works as advertised. DMR decode is horrible. I am unable to consistently decode DMR. My Whistler 1098 works fine on the same frequency. I worked through a CTCSS/DCS decode issue with analog signals when loaded with the Ar data website. AOR says they will address the issue with an upcoming firmware fix if their techs can duplicate the problem. If I paid 1k for this, it would be going back. For my use, portable VHF, UHF analog FM, AM Air, casual HF, Yaesu Fusion digital decoding with a $799 price tag, I'm keeping it. Now, if I can only figure out how to talk my wife into letting me snag the 5007D when it comes out :p

c0ne

It’s indeed a decent analog receiver with basic features. It could and should have performed allote better.

palmerjrusa

The DV-10 is the best hand held wideband receiver in ANALOG that I have ever owned. Better than the AR8200 and blows the Alinco DX-11 (for sale now LOL) away. The digital decode is as previously stated by many others, a mess. Yaesu Fusion decode is the best (wider bandwidth?) I am glad for this because that is the digital mode I am most interested in. P25 phase one works as advertised. DMR decode is horrible. I am unable to consistently decode DMR. My Whistler 1098 works fine on the same frequency. I worked through a CTCSS/DCS decode issue with analog signals when loaded with the Ar data website. AOR says they will address the issue with an upcoming firmware fix if their techs can duplicate the problem. If I paid 1k for this, it would be going back. For my use, portable VHF, UHF analog FM, AM Air, casual HF, Yaesu Fusion digital decoding with a $799 price tag, I'm keeping it. Now, if I can only figure out how to talk my wife into letting me snag the 5007D when it comes out :p

No problems with the frequency drift issue?

With that price drop of around $400.00 so soon after release they're clearly have trouble shifting units.

c0ne

No problems with the frequency drift issue?

With that price drop of around $400.00 so soon after release they're clearly have trouble shifting units.

Simply because it sucks, put a Uniden/whistler next to it and you will see. On both analog and digital these brands knock it out of the park. I think AOR is pretty much aware how much they messed up, but prefer to deny it. The DV1 never dropped this much in price, so shops just want to get rid of it for the mentioned reasons. I doubt they will restock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.