CAP Search on 148.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Been listening the afternoon to a search for what I presume to be an ELT search by CAP units using the White Tanks 148.150 repeater.

The search cleared the Buckeye/Surprise area and seems to be heading west towards Aguilla.

Interesting listening...

ecps92

Still using 88.5 / $375 for R-18 ???
Been listening the afternoon to a search for what I presume to be an ELT search by CAP units using the White Tanks 148.150 repeater.

The search cleared the Buckeye/Surprise area and seems to be heading west towards Aguilla.

Interesting listening...

N9JIG

Sheriff
PL 88.5 on the White Tanks, all analog. I was getting CloseCall hits on it at home...

Also heard a little chatter on 121.5 during it but I was too far by a hundred miles or so to hear the ELT.

ecps92

Thanks - some wings did have to change out Repeater Tones, so it's always nice to get some OTA confirmations
PL 88.5 on the White Tanks, all analog. I was getting CloseCall hits on it at home...

Also heard a little chatter on 121.5 during it but I was too far by a hundred miles or so to hear the ELT.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Funny though, we had a plane crash last week 2 blocks from my house in the desert and no ELT went off and no CloseCall hits.

ecps92

Guess the BUMP wasn't enough to set it off, or someone hadn't checked the batteries :wink:
Funny though, we had a plane crash last week 2 blocks from my house in the desert and no ELT went off and no CloseCall hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.