New RWC Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
I have detected new Talk Groups on RWC Simulcast C. I have only heared traffic on the first of the following TG's and it seems to be police-related:

Does anyone know what agency this might be? If not, you may want to activate them to monitor.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
Maricopa

As soon as I submitted the first post in this thread, a unit came on identifying itself as "Maricopa 61." Then Maricopa 12 was dispatched to a location. Perhaps it is the city of Maricopa.

WIS262

Those are the City of Maricopa PD unit call signs. I guess they've finally moved from Pinal County to Buckeye PD dispatch.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
Those are the City of Maricopa PD unit call signs. I guess they've finally moved from Pinal County to Buckeye PD dispatch.

Thanks. I didn't realize that the city of Maricopa was in Pinal Cty. I thought it was in Maricopa Cty. That explains why I couldn't find a previous system entry for them in RR. Looks like they're going from 2 channels to 5 talkgroups so we'll have to listen to them for a while to determine how they are using the TGs. 2599 should be their Channel 1 for main disptach.

WIS262

I can't imagine what they'll do with 5 talk groups. When I used to dispatch for them (Pinal County SO) they had their own channel and that was it. They only had a handful of officers including a few traffic guys on any given shift. I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

Too bad I can't hear them from San Tan Valley (plus I don't have digital scanner). I'm also curious to see how this system works for them being surrounded by Gila River, Ak Chin, Pinal County and DPS agency boundaries.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
I can't imagine what they'll do with 5 talk groups.

It's possible that some of the other TGs are used by some other Maricopa department. A typical use pattern might be something like:

1 - Dispatch
2 - Info.
3 - Car-Car
4 - Tactical
5 - Detectives

We'll just have to listen to find out.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
2599 is very active on Simulcast C. Definitely Maricopa PD. I have not heard the other talkgroups today.

Does anyone know if they built a new Simulcast C tower in Maricopa? Anyone live down there? How is the signal strength on Simulcast C?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber

Maricopa PD Radio IDs on the RWC are 6170xxx. I have noted dispatch Radio IDs as 709002 and 709004. 7090xx Radio IDs are Buckeye Consoles. It looks like this is a good guess.

I also found this news article from June. It mentions that the City of Maricopa will be moving to the RWC with Buckeye handling dispatch.

Police get better, cheaper dispatch services | InMaricopa.com

Last edited:

bigjstud1108

That explains why my feed was not working. I get simucast C very strong, it comes in at 90% to 95%. They must have added a tower and I did not notice. I'm going to get it up tonight.

That explains why my feed was not working. I get simucast C very strong, it comes in at 90% to 95%. They must have added a tower and I did not notice. I'm going to get it up tonight.

Buckeye built a new 180 foot tower to accomodate City of Maricopa. They hired 8 new dispatchers dedicated entirely to City of Maricopa police and set up a new dispatch area for them inside their existing building. They also bought new digital handheld and vehical radios along wih new dispatch CAD software. This was all in an article I just read. They went live on September 30, 2012 according to a City of Maricopa police officer I talked to last Sunday evening while getting gas at the QT.

It's possible that some of the other TGs are used by some other Maricopa department. A typical use pattern might be something like:

1 - Dispatch
2 - Info.
3 - Car-Car
4 - Tactical
5 - Detectives

We'll just have to listen to find out.

They went live on 9-30-2012 with the new Buckeye police dispatch center. New 180 foot tower as well. City of Maricopa police is now digital trunking.

I can't imagine what they'll do with 5 talk groups. When I used to dispatch for them (Pinal County SO) they had their own channel and that was it. They only had a handful of officers including a few traffic guys on any given shift. I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

Too bad I can't hear them from San Tan Valley (plus I don't have digital scanner). I'm also curious to see how this system works for them being surrounded by Gila River, Ak Chin, Pinal County and DPS agency boundaries.

I have been listening to them for a few hours tonight off the south mountain towers simulcast C voice channels and they have been coming in loud and clear. TG 2599 is the channel that their dispatch is using. I think this system is going to work out good for them. It will be interesting to see how and who uses the other 4 TG channels.

Hey, maybe if you relocate to Buckeye you can dispatch for them again :) They are on a three year contract with Buckeye and then I wonder if they will bring it all in-house to their new police headquarters which should be done in three years.

I have been listening to them for a few hours tonight off the south mountain towers simulcast C voice channels and they have been coming in loud and clear. TG 2599 is the channel that their dispatch is using. I think this system is going to work out good for them. It will be interesting to see how and who uses the other 4 TG channels.

Hey, maybe if you relocate to Buckeye you can dispatch for them again :) They are on a three year contract with Buckeye and then I wonder if they will bring it all in-house to their new police headquarters which should be done in three years.

2599 is very active on Simulcast C. Definitely Maricopa PD. I have not heard the other talkgroups today.

Does anyone know if they built a new Simulcast C tower in Maricopa? Anyone live down there? How is the signal strength on Simulcast C?

I live in City of Maricopa and I hear them very clear on Simulcast C and I think they built a new 180 foot tower as part of their deal with Buckeye police. They moved to this new system on September 30, 2012. I have listened to them for years when they were on PCSO system so I recognize their call signs on the new system. So far it appears TG 2599 is the main dispatch channel. Kind of funny hearing the new dispatchers trying to pronounce some of these street names.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
One More TG

I have detected on more TG on Simulcast C. It is 2594. So now we have 2594-2599.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I am receiving a lot of traffic on 2599 which is the primary dispatch talkgroup. I have an HP-1 doing discovery on Simulcast C, but only collecting information about unencrypted talkgroups. I have not caught any unencrypted communication on 2594-2598 in the week that I have been doing the discover. Are these talkgroups encrypted?

p19997

Premium Subscriber
So far I have detected these talkgroups but have not caught any transmission on them, either encrypted or unencrypted. I don't think they've used them yet. They exist though so we should program them in to see what we eventually get.

So far I have detected these talkgroups but have not caught any transmission on them, either encrypted or unencrypted. I don't think they've used them yet. They exist though so we should program them in to see what we eventually get.

They have been using them as I have been listening to them on the TG for about a week and a half. Just added a missing TG today.

I am receiving a lot of traffic on 2599 which is the primary dispatch talkgroup. I have an HP-1 doing discovery on Simulcast C, but only collecting information about unencrypted talkgroups. I have not caught any unencrypted communication on 2594-2598 in the week that I have been doing the discover. Are these talkgroups encrypted?

I have only heard TG 2599 so far and as you stated it is the dispatch channel. I will post back here if I hear any other TG being used by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.