Mesa Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA7JLE

Premium Subscriber
Out of all of my frequency's scanned, Mesa Fire is the choppiest and incomplete in full dispatches.
Is that because the TOPAZ system only has 3 transmitter locations???

AND WHY did Mesa Fire discontinue all Simulcast traffic on VHF, a lot of people depended on that frequency group to monitor with inexpensive scanners, so they knew what was happening in their neighborhoods. ????????????????????????????????

JoeyC

I can answer your second question. Fire departments don't provide simulcasts for the convenience of scanner users.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering what happened to the VHF Mesa Dispatch. I only get the 800 very spotty off of Thompson Peak in the car and not at the house at all.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
SO are they no longer broadcasting alarm or channel 3 on VHF either? I know CH2 was 800, but I havent heard VHF 1 in days now.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Is Mesa FD still on VHF?

I have been getting conflicting answers from friends. Can anyone here say yay or nay on this? I know Ch2 has been only on Topaz for a while now, but thought CH1 and 3 were to remain simulcast on VHF for the foreseeable future.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Chad - Although I cannot rock solid confirm Mesa status I have this info. As of a few weeks ago I stopped receiving the VHF Fire Dispatch which was set on priority. Over the past few days while out and about I have heard Mesa Dispatch on TOPAZ as well as traffic on several other of the talk groups. Since I live on the west side the coverage is very spotty in the car. I do have the TOPAZ White Tanks site in the radio however, it seems that are not using it.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Doesn't the White Tanks site only come active if/when a Mesa unit is on the Westside? (And that'd probably be a PD unit following up a lead or otherwise conducting an investigation.)

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I think that is the case. I have never heard anything form the site, guess they don't stray over to the westside...LOL

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
An update on Mesa FD VHF. When driving nome from work just after 14:00 I copied several Mesa FD dispatches on their VHF frequency.

WA7JLE

Premium Subscriber
MFD Dispatch and channels appear to be simulcasting again

MFD and channels appear to be simulcastng again.

WA7JLE

Premium Subscriber
You'd be wrong Joey. Most City's and Towns in Arizona list their Fire Frequencies on the City/Town's web pages. We like our citizens informed, Unlike the Republik of Kalifornia.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Yes, some agencies/departments will provide the frequency information via their websites for citizens. What Joey is saying, however, is that the radio systems themselves are not designed specifically with scanner listeners in mind.

KB7MIB

The radio systems are designed to work with the professional grade radios that have better hardware and firmware than a scanner does.

JoeyC

You'd be wrong Joey. Most City's and Towns in Arizona list their Fire Frequencies on the City/Town's web pages. We like our citizens informed, Unlike the Republik of Kalifornia.

You might be confused with some other state. I guess I am missing it, but maybe you could point me in proper direction to find some of these "most cities"

Couldn't find a frequency on any of these official sites: :confused:

Phoenix - Official Site of the City of Phoenix - Phoenix Fire Department
Tucson - Tucson Fire Department | The Official Website for the City of Tucson, Arizona
Mesa - Fire
Chandler - Chandler Fire Home Page
Glendale - Glendale, AZ - Fire
Scottsdale - Scottsdale Fire Department
Gilbert - Fire Department Home Page
Tempe - City of Tempe, AZ : Fire Department
Peoria - Fire Department-Fire Home
Surprise - Official Website - Surprise, Arizona - Fire Department
Apache Junction - Apache Junction, AZ - Official Website
Avondale - Avondale AZ - Official Website - Fire Rescue
Bullhead City - Bullhead City, Arizona Â*
Casa Grande - City of Casa Grande - City of Casa Grande Fire Department
Douglas - Douglas Fire Department | Douglas Arizona
Eloy - City of Eloy - Fire Department - Eloy, AZ
Cottonwood - Cottonwood Fire Department
Kingman - Kingman Fire Department
Maricopa - Maricopa Fire Department
Prescott - Fire - City of Prescott, Arizona
Tombstone - Tombstone, Arizona
Williams - City of Williams, Arizona - Gateway to the Grand Canyon
Show Low - Home - Show Low Fire Department
Sierra Vista - Sierra Vista, Arizona / Fire Department
Globe - Department of Fire Protection- City of Globe
Tolleson - Tolleson AZ - Official Website - Fire
Winslow - Fire
Sedona - City of Sedona : Home
San Luis - City of San Luis Fire Department - City of San Luis, AZ
Pima - Pima Volunteer Fire
Flagstaff - City of Flagstaff Official Website - Fire Department
Paradise Valley - Paradise Valley, AZ - Official Website - Fire Service
Snow Flake - Fire Department - Town of Snowflake, Arizona | Town of Snowflake, Arizona
Page - Fire - City of Page Arizona
Yuma - Yuma Fire Department : City Of Yuma
Somerton - Somerton/Cocopah Fire DepartmentCity of Somerton
Wickenburg - Wickenburg AZ - Official Website - Fire Department

Yes, some agencies/departments will provide the frequency information via their websites for citizens. What Joey is saying, however, is that the radio systems themselves are not designed specifically with scanner listeners in mind.

You are correct sir! :lol:

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
mesa fire and pd topaz

this is one of the worst systems ever used. The comms are very very spotty, sometimes you only get a word or two. I also noticed that the Mesa PD must have a tower down on the west side because I use to be able to pick up on the topaz system with a 800 meg antenna at nights. In the past 2 weeks after 10 pm the radio is silent except once in a while if a car is near by you will pick the car up. I hooked out a car antenna and still nothing late at night. that with the Attn on and off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.