Casa Grande Fire Channel 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh9730

Hello all,

I know its a longshot here - but Casa Grande Fire Dept has recently switched there main dispatch channel to their "Channel 3". This may be a temporary thing and I was lucky to just happen to catch them on their Channel 1 (their old main dispatch channel) making an announcement for all units to switch to this Channel 3 last week....

Anyway, like I said - this may be temporary since CG is doing some upgrading at their comm center.

Problem is - I cant find any reference here or elsewhere to a CGFD Channel 3 so I cant get the frequency?

Any ideas where I might find this freq?

Phoenix805

I don't find anything definitive, but it looks like Casa Grande Fire has 8 frequencies. You might plug some/all of these in and see if you can catch anything:

All 463.xxx

Phoenix805

I don't know, but it looks like the UHF license was new (or maybe updated) last year. Maybe they're migrating from VHF to UHF? Maybe tomorrow some of the smarter folks will give us better answers!

DanRollman

Database Admin
Hello all,

I know its a longshot here - but Casa Grande Fire Dept has recently switched there main dispatch channel to their "Channel 3". This may be a temporary thing and I was lucky to just happen to catch them on their Channel 1 (their old main dispatch channel) making an announcement for all units to switch to this Channel 3 last week....

Anyway, like I said - this may be temporary since CG is doing some upgrading at their comm center.

Problem is - I cant find any reference here or elsewhere to a CGFD Channel 3 so I cant get the frequency?

Any ideas where I might find this freq?

There is a good chance Channel 3 is simplex on the Channel 1 repeater output frequency (154.445). It would make sense to use a simplex frequency during repeater repair work, for example. Of course, you'd have to be closer to CG to hear units on a simplex frequency to confirm.

Dan

sh9730

Dan,

Thanks - Im not hearing anything on their Channel 1 or 2 (channel 2 is/was used for fireground traffic), I ve never heard of a Channel 3 mentioned until I happened to hear that broadcast last week.

Im in CG and think I would hear at least the tone outs - even on simplex. But nothing so far.....

Im going to try and see if I can catch a BC sitting somewhere and ask about it - Im going to the City Council meeting tonight on a different issue and there is usually someone from FD at those meetings.....

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I would also try the frequencies without any PL tones set too, just in case...

Dan,

Thanks - Im not hearing anything on their Channel 1 or 2 (channel 2 is/was used for fireground traffic), I ve never heard of a Channel 3 mentioned until I happened to hear that broadcast last week.

Im in CG and think I would hear at least the tone outs - even on simplex. But nothing so far.....

Im going to try and see if I can catch a BC sitting somewhere and ask about it - Im going to the City Council meeting tonight on a different issue and there is usually someone from FD at those meetings.....

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I just confirmed 155.550 114.8 PL. Casa Grande FD is paging on this freq and referring to it as channel 3. It is weak, but readable from Ahwatukee.

sh9730

Cellphone - THANKS! I spoke with the Fire Chief tonight at this City Council session I attended - and he confirmed this is temporary due to some technical issues they are having with their paging system and that system apparently is working better on this Channel 3 - but he didn't have the frequency (wouldn't really expect the Chief to have that technical knowledge at hand).

I was just going to email the Communications Director, but you saved me that trouble! Plus its temporary so....thanks!

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Glad to help out!

On a somewhat related unknown frequency topic for Casa Grande, there are two repeaters that are on the PD license that are not in the DB

If you like to listen to PD, you might punch these in and see if they are active, and see if you can ID the channel numbers. They might be rarely used TAC channels... I'll see if I can hear anything from Ahwatukee. If you can ID these, it would help us keep the DB up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.