Gila Bend Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I notice that the DB has no information for Gila Bend, so I want to change that. I have a few questions about Gila Bend:

-Looking at the SWFD, it states that 155.055 is Gila Bend Fire. Can anyone confirm the PL tone for this frequency? In the past, I have monitored a weak signal on 155.055 141.3 PL responding to a medical call, but I was not able to ID the agency.

-Does Gila Bend have a police department or are they patrolled by MCSO or another agency?

-There is another repeater licensed to Gila Bend 153.995. In the notes on the license, it states “For communications essential to official government functions”. This sounds very important! :) Anyone know what this frequency is used for?

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Gila Bend

LE as has been said is MCSO. Fire is dispatched out of Phoenix Alarm. Though they have thier own frequency, Everythig is handled on A/K decks. There used to be a A12 for Southwestern County units that was repeated, I don't know anymore. If K-deck channel can be used anywhere, it doesn't matter.

Statioon 381

KB7MIB

IIRC, Phoenix dispatches only Gila Bend rescues. The FD is on 155.055, with no tone. The rescues use A-9 down there. A-13 is used in Tonopah and Harquahala Valley. I don't believe that the K-decks are used any further south or west than Buckeye.
A-12 is Ahwatukee/Chandler/Sun Lakes, and I think Maricopa. (A-13 used to be the input to what was the output on A-12, IIRC. Both are now simplex.)
This is from my own monitoring.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Confirming what everyone has been saying, I just heard a dispatch for "Rescue 381". It was proceeded by very high pitched pager tones on Phoenix Ch 1. They were assigned to fire channel A9.

KB7MIB

I'd like to clarify my previous post. The FD is on 155.055, 'supposedly' with no tone. At least that's the way it's listed in the SWFD and the DB.

I've rarely tried to receive them up here in Peoria, and doubt that I could, so I don't know for a fact that they don't have a tone.
Several months ago, I drove down there the 'back way' via Old US 80, rather than 85. I came back up 85. I didn't hear any fire calls while I was out and about.

(Old US 80 is a lonely road. Not much traffic. And that bridge over the Gila River is a little scary looking lol There's an historical marker at the south end of the bridge, but the bronze plate was missing, probably stolen by copper thieves.)

When it cools off again, maybe I'll take another drive down that way, and spend some more time in town. I spent maybe half an hour there the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.