AMR Ambulance in Casa Grande

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7LQR

Recently while traveling through Casa Grande, I noticed two seemingly brand new AMR ambulances, one of which was departing Casa Grande Regional Medical Center. I did not know AMR served this part of Pinal County. Does anyone know what the dispatch frequency is for AMR serving this area?

Thanks in advance for any provided information.

John N7LQR
Maricopa, AZ

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
As i always heard they was with southwest ambulanc since alot of the local ambulance companies folded or was bought out

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
They have a station in Maricopa so they may have had a transport to cgmc

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

bill71

Premium Subscriber
PMT, Southwest, Rural/Metro have all been re-branded Lifeline Ambulance or AMR. AMR being the Parent company. Vehicles are rolled out when the build is done. Casa Grande received AMR ambulances of the Dodge design.

KB7MIB

I have also seen ABC (A Better Choice) as well as Maricopa ambulances in the Glendale and Peoria areas.
Anybody know anything about these two companies?

John
Peoria

bill71

Premium Subscriber
ABC handles psych calls only, Maricope Ambulance does inter facility transport. Maricopa did get the contract for Scottsdale Fire though...BLS Crews only.

bill71

Premium Subscriber
PMT=Lifeline
SWA=AMR, called AMR/SW at station.
Both of the above use the old SW frequencies on the Maricopa page.

AMR=AMR Maricopa, now AMR Central Arizona, the original that bought out Rural/Metro, including Fire.
We use the crappie, "plumber radio system"!

All of this has recently been bought out by KKR Investment from Invision for a sum of $2.4 billion. KKR also bought an air medical transport for $2 billion. The new name for the combined companies is supposed to be Global Medical Response, unknown if they'll actually rebrand though.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.