Casa Grande Police question

Status
Not open for further replies.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the CGPD scanner feed yesterday for most of the day. I could hear Officers running warrant checks on individuals and hear officer status checks from dispatch, but never once heard them dispatch officers to a call. Is the feed provider not scanning the appropriate channels or does CGPD have a different way of doing things? Thanks!

KB7MIB

Status checks, (do they use Code 20 or Code 900?) are usually done on the dispatch channel, so they should be monitoring the correct channel. Running 10-29's (wants and warrants) could be dispatch or info channel.
Some agencies use what's known as silent dispatch, where routine calls for service are sent over the computer, and only hot calls are voiced. Perhaps this is what CGPD does.

John
Peoria

rwier

I was listening to the CGPD scanner feed yesterday for most of the day. I could hear Officers running warrant checks on individuals and hear officer status checks from dispatch, but never once heard them dispatch officers to a call. Is the feed provider not scanning the appropriate channels or does CGPD have a different way of doing things? Thanks!

Hi Chad,

Would like to help, but I'm on the other side of the Valley, and I never listen to the feeds. I see in the DB that the CGPD is using only two analogue frequencies, one dispatch and one Tac. Maybe such a small city/town and all are law-abiding-citizens (lol), maybe only a hot call once a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.