RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2017, 12:55 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Question Casa Grande Police question

I was listening to the CGPD scanner feed yesterday for most of the day. I could hear Officers running warrant checks on individuals and hear officer status checks from dispatch, but never once heard them dispatch officers to a call. Is the feed provider not scanning the appropriate channels or does CGPD have a different way of doing things? Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2017, 3:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Status checks, (do they use Code 20 or Code 900?) are usually done on the dispatch channel, so they should be monitoring the correct channel. Running 10-29's (wants and warrants) could be dispatch or info channel.
Some agencies use what's known as silent dispatch, where routine calls for service are sent over the computer, and only hot calls are voiced. Perhaps this is what CGPD does.

John
Peoria
Old 04-29-2017, 3:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by APSN556 View Post
I was listening to the CGPD scanner feed yesterday for most of the day. I could hear Officers running warrant checks on individuals and hear officer status checks from dispatch, but never once heard them dispatch officers to a call. Is the feed provider not scanning the appropriate channels or does CGPD have a different way of doing things? Thanks!
Hi Chad,

Would like to help, but I'm on the other side of the Valley, and I never listen to the feeds. I see in the DB that the CGPD is using only two analogue frequencies, one dispatch and one Tac. Maybe such a small city/town and all are law-abiding-citizens (lol), maybe only a hot call once a week?