Confused About Mesa Fire VHF & P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference database has "deprecated," or more or less de-listed, the VHF frequencies for the Mesa Fire Department. There is no traffic on these frequencies that I can receive with a gain antenna from my home in Scottsdale.

There is no indication of where that VHF fire traffic has moved, although Mesa has apparently contracted for a new Motorola VHF system. Presumably it would be on the same licensed frequencies as the old system. Some Mesa Fire Channel 1 dispatches are on the Topaz Regional Wireless Cooperative, which I receive from the Topaz Thompson Peak site, but I have no reception of any of the P25 fire ground and other talkgroups listed in Radio Reference database from any of the Topaz sites.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber

Mesa Fire currently uses the TRWC trunked talkgroups for all fire operations. The VHF frequencies in the DB are from before 2012 when Mesa moved to the TRWC for ALL fire radio traffic. I will delete the deprecated VHF freqs from the DB as they have not been used since 2012 and are causing confusion since there is a new VHF system being constructed.

Mesa is is currently testing new VHF frequencies as part of a new system for fireground communications. This is not yet on service and is likely 6 or more months from being operational.

No VHF frequencies (except dispatch patch 154.340) have been confirmed and none are currently in use, so they are not listed in the DB. We only publish confirmed frequencies. Here are the new licenses:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQYJ756
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQYJ606

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, cellphone, for the quick reply. I am only getting Mesa Fire Channel 1 dispatch on TRWC, no other talk-groups. Are those other talk-groups supposed to be on any particular TRWC tower/site?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber

All of the talkgroups are active on the Mesa Simulcast. They are only active on other sites when a unit is outside of the Mesa area and affiliated to the site. To hear Mesa Fire, you will need to monitor the Mesa Simulcast site of the TRWC. If you are only monitoring Shaw or Thompson peak, you will not hear the talkgroups unless a unit happens to be affiliated with one of those sites.

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
No luck with other talk-groups on Uniden BCD996XT with yagi or gain. Instead, will load Mesa Simulcast on my Unication G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.