RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2017, 6:27 AM

Default TRX-1 Issues

Well before I call this the biggest piece of crap ever made, I was wondering if anyone could share their EZ Scan file. Maybe I can spot something there. Surrounded by 4 GRE scanners and this one misses 90 % of the calls. It is dropping reply's even after upping the delay time to 3.0. Speaker is horrible. I mean this thing is seriously bad and I would think if everyone was having these issues there would be 5000 negative posts. So it must be something I am missing here. Appreciate any and all help here.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I don't know a lot about those but have you eliminated all differences in your testing? Something like swapping a GRE antenna with the TRX one might show a problem with the TRX ant if it makes the GRE go deaf. Scanners can be weird...., sometimes the most minor change makes a huge difference. Keep us posted!
Old 08-19-2017, 11:03 AM

Yeah, there are some really dumb things in programming. Antenna issue's should be fine, both have BNC connectors.