Mesa fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
We think it has to do with their upcoming transition to VHF. It seems channels on the trunked system will be zone C on radios.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
about time

I have heard Mesa fire and pd talk about how this 800 does not work well for them. PD has complained the 800 sometime will go into digital where the dispatcher can not hear them, sounds like scramble but its not.

caphab1

So Heres a question.. With them going to VHF, are they going to be doing like CBP does, not a trunked system but DPL's and ENC? Or they staying trunked just changing the band cards out?

KB7MIB

Mesa Fire is probably going to do what Phoenix Fire is doing. Run EMS calls on the trunked system, and run fire and haz-mat calls on VHF.

John
Peoria

WIS262

Mesa Fire is probably going to do what Phoenix Fire is doing. Run EMS calls on the trunked system, and run fire and haz-mat calls on VHF.

John
Peoria

Correct.

Everything dispatched on Mesa C1 (trunked)
Mesa C1 - Channel 1 - Main Dispatch
Mesa C2 - non-hazard Clear Channel (same as phx K10, K11, K12)
Mesa C3 - non-hazard Mesa
Mesa C4 - non-hazard Gilbert, QC, Superstition
Mesa C5 - non-hazard Clear Channel (same as phx K10, K11, K12)

Fire Channel VHF B2
Fire Channel CHF B3, etc
These will be hazards channels.

8 Transmitter sites, 12 receiver sites. (with more possibly in the Gilbert area).

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any CAD systems for any agency here in the valley except the Phoenix Regional Dispatch Center, which dispatches fire/ems calls for most of the valley's fire departments. The exception to that is Mesa, AJ and Gilbert (correct me if I am wrong). That said, I do hear Mesa fire/ems calls on the Phoenix system, and once in a great while, they will show up on the CAD page here:

https://htms.phoenix.gov/publicweb/

If there are other agency CAD pages for the public, I haven't found them. Anyone know of some others besides PRDC?

KB7MIB

Mutual-aid calls to and from Mesa will show up on the Phoenix FD RDC CAD page.

As far as I know, Phoenix FD RDC has the only public CAD page.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.