Thunderbird Farms VFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7fan

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have information on what frequencies this department uses?

Apparently they are dispatched by Ak-Chin Fire Dept, but they have their own "channel."

CityFreq shows 3 different frequencies licensed to them

Before I invest time in trying to monitor for them, I thought I would ask here and see if anyone already had the info.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I'm not in the area so this is just speculation, but just judging by the frequencies I'd be willing to bet that 153.740 is the output of a repeater and 159.075 is the input. Being that 154.280 is usually "state fire" or "mutual" everywhere I would think its licensed for interop. But like I said that's all speculation.

n7fan

Premium Subscriber
Being that 154.280 is usually "state fire" or "mutual" everywhere I would think its licensed for interop. But like I said that's all speculation.

Bingo. I knew I had seen that freq somewhere else. That is a mutual aid channel.

Thank you!

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth -- I just looked up the 153.740 in the FCC database and the license expired in 2003 with many active licenses in the Valley. The 159.075 shows an active license (WPZX583) again along with other active licenses around the state but it looks like it’s the only licensee in the Valley.

n7fan

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to PCSO Channel 1 overnight and heard the dispatcher tone out the TBVFD brush truck.

So, I've had one member tell me that Ak-Chin dispatches, and I've heard PCSO dispatch. Guess I'll have to do more investigating on the rigs.

n7fan

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth -- I just looked up the 153.740 in the FCC database and the license expired in 2003 with many active licenses in the Valley. The 159.075 shows an active license (WPZX583) again along with other active licenses around the state but it looks like it’s the only licensee in the Valley.

Looking at the license link on RR, it shows both frequencies, along with the mutual aid frequency, in the license info.

Status
Not open for further replies.