TRX-1 or BCD436HP for Phoenix metro area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morphine

Premium Subscriber
I looked and did not find any threads about AZ specifically, so I apologize ahead of time if there is one. I am torn between the 2 scanners, mainly for Mesa PD. Any input or thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I can get both of them for about the same price right now. Thanks a million!!!

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Just me talkin here, but in fountain hills, I couldnt hear MESA or PHX on either my 436/536 or my 2 whistlers. I spent an extra hundred than what those cost and bought a unication G5. I hear Mesa, Phoenix PD and Phoenix Fire loud an clear with NO distortion. I was so impressed with the reception and signal quality I bought a second G5 for the car, and 2 Unication G1’s to monitor the local fire system (rural/metro). As of Now you cannot receive the MCSO system until the switch to the new P25 system hopefully soon. If you do decide on a G5 you would definately want the P25/VHF so you can hear PHXFD A-deck (analog working fire channels) and the soon to be implemented MESA analog working fire channels, as well as Rural Metro fire units in No. MESA, QC, and SanTan. I would also reccommend an $10 (ebay) 3” Motorola antenna to replace the factory one. With that antenna as soon as I start down Shea from the hills I get all the above mentioned with the G5 clipped to the visor above my head. If you are like me, you will spend more than the upgrade dollars on antennas just trying to get that other junk to work, without avail I might ad. Good luck in whatever you decide,,Send me an I/M with your email and i can send you a video of the radio receiving MESA PD traffic on the MESA simulcast tower.,,couldnt get it to load here,,mac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.