Help needed P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikefanz

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P2 scanner and have used RR to gather frequencies for Cochise county AZ. I manually entered in to freescan to upload and am able to hear everything except Sierra Vista PD. I created a P25 system and put in all control channels but I hear nothing. I am located in sierra vista and am willing to bring the scanner to someone that could help program it. Please help and thank you.

troymail

Silent Key
This system?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9165

I don't recall how the 996 scans the (5?) sites but a couple of thoughts/suggestions-

Given the limited amount of information in the RRDB, you probably want to try using "ID Search" vs. "ID Scan" (assuming your aren't already doing that).

There is a "simulcast" site and 4 "other" sites. If your scanner is trying to scan one of the smaller sites, the talkgroup(s) of interest may not be carried on that site. You'll want to try to scan the simulcast site if at all possible (most likely to carry the largest number of talkgroups) and also try to scan the other sites (control channels) as well if they are in range.

There appears to be lots of unknowns with this system based on the lack of data....

And then there is always the possibility encryption is in use.... but that's just speculation on my part.

Vikefanz

Premium Subscriber
So are you saying to just enter the frequency for the simulcast site? I even checked radio intercept site and they had control numbers in the 770. Range which I entered as well with no luck. Thanks for your help.

troymail

Silent Key
Given the available info, I'd focus on the simulcast site and the frequencies assigned:

Ignore the rest for now.

Use "ID Search" vs. the default "ID Scan".

troymail

Silent Key
Keep in mind this note posted with the system:
System appears to be almost complete. It is not yet operational with voice communications.​
However, the last update appears to have been more than 3 months ago.....

Vikefanz

Premium Subscriber
I have seen previous posts about people here in Sierra Vista finding the SV pd by using Talkgroups 1301 but how do you program by Talkgroups? Thank you for trying to help I really appreciate it.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ok, just a couple of things:

I removed the note about the system. It is in full-time use by CCSO and SVPD.

You can hear SVPD on any site. I've driven all over this county, you will hear them.

I am seeing SVPD and CCSO right now on the Texas Canyon site.

The primary talkgroups in use are:
1001 for CCSO
1301 for SVPD.

I have picked up a couple of other TGs that I have not been able to as of yet confirm what the talkgroups are being used for by each department. Keep in mind I am in Pima County, so this is not my primary listen, but I occasionally check it out via DSD+ -

CCSO
1003 - 54 hits on this one

SVPD
1303 - 17 hits on this one

I do not use the scanner that you have, but I'm guessing that you should have the ability to download the database entry for this system into your scanner from RadioReference, which would then correctly program your scanner for listening :)

Try this link to help you with creating Talkgroups for your radio, if you are going the manual entry route.

http://marksscanners.com/996xt/996xt.shtml

Hope this helps,

Vikefanz

Premium Subscriber
Thank you John, I did import directly from RR and was eventually able to figure out the problem; the squelch was too high. I have been listening to both both Talkgroups now.

Status
Not open for further replies.