BCD396XT On MCSO - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I was looking for a bit of assistance. I am trying to program a BCD396XT to monitor MCSO and am not having much luck. None of my other digital scanners have any issue, just this one. The control channels are right, the talk groups are right, but nothing from any site. I know this system got rebanded, and maybe that has something to do with it. I don't have to enter bandplan information on my Whistler 1065 which is a 13 year old design, I'm not sure why I would have to do it for the 396XT, but is that the issue? I looked up the rebanding page on RR but MCSO frequencies fit none of those scenarios. Can anyone offer advice or share a freescan file for this scanner that has a working MCSO program?

Thanks Mike.

****I should have mentioned, that I only have control channels entered.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Why don't you post your freescan file? Easy to do a quick check on it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'll add that if you import directly from RR into Freescan, all settings are appropriately made.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is a lot more in that than MCSO. I have no idea which one has a problem. (Ok, honestly, I saw the list of 20-30 systems and didn't go any further.)

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, but that map doesn't work either. Interesting...if I put the system in ID search, all analog TGs come in (for other services on the system like probation, animal control etc.), but no digital (sheriff uses only digital). Nothing I can do will make the digital TGs come in...yet my Whistler 1065 hums right along with all of the digital TGs, no map needed. Truly puzzling.

Does anyone have a x96XT working on MCSO? If so, can you share you information?

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
***Update

Finally got it working, but the band plan was not needed. Apparently that is only for the older non-XT Uniden scanners.

Once I cleared everything out, and reprogrammed with just the two control channels and no band plan it worked. Not sure what the issue was originally, but it's up and running. I do appreciate the assistance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.