PEORIA AZ zip 85383

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I am planning on a trip to Peoria AZ in the near future ( ZIP 85383 ). I checked out Radio Reference, but am looking for suggestions from the LOCALS on what I will be able to hear. would like to monitor State, County & city Police/Fire Depts ...... and anything else you might find interesting. My scanner is a BCD536HP. Are there any restrictions on the use of scanner radios in Arizona ?
Thank You for your time

KB7MIB

There are no restrictions on using scanners in Arizona. Just follow the federal laws which say you can't use what you hear to commit a crime, or for your own personal gain.

Peoria and surrounding police agencies, as well as the fire departments, are all on the Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) trunked system. Most of it is a simulcast system, so you may encounter some difficulty monitoring much of it due to LSM (multi-path) issues.

Peoria PD uses the Simulcast G and B sites, as well as the White Tank Mtn and Towers Mtn high sites. Reception is best off of the White Tank Mtn high site. 99% of the clear comms will be on A-1, TG 4141.

Glendale PD uses the Simulcast G and B sites.

El Mirage PD uses Simulcast G.

Surprise PD uses Simulcast G and the White Tank Mtn high site.

Phoenix PD uses the Simulcast A site, and the 200 (Black Mtn precinct), 800 (Estrella/Maryvale precinct), and the 900 (Cactus Park precinct) also use Simulcast G.

The Phoenix FD Regional Dispatch Center uses Simulcast B and G for medical responses, and an analog conventional VHF system for fire and hazmat responses.

The Maricopa County Sheriff uses a mixed mode Motorola 800 MHz system. They cover Sun City, adjacent to Peoria, Sun City West, and other unincorporated areas and county islands throughout the county. You want the West talkgroups. The Sun City Sheirffs Posse is on a analog conventional 800 MHz repeater, and the Sun City West Sheriff's Posse uses talkgroups on the Maricopa County system.

The Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS, Highway Patrol) uses several analog conventional UHF repeaters around the Valley. You want Metro West, 460.300 (151.4 Hz), and Metro West Tac, 460.150 (100.0 Hz) for the 101 and 303 freeways between I-10 and I-17, as well as US 60/Grand Ave and I-10 west of the 101 in the West Valley. Metro Central, 460.325 (100.0 Hz) covers I-17 from the 101 south to Sky Harbor, as well as I-10 from the 101 east to Sky Harbor, and the 101 from I-17 east to AZ-51.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=100

John
Peoria

llwade

Premium Subscriber
KB7MIB, cannot thank you enough for your input. I feel good using your information to have a very rewarding scanning experience in Arizona. Thank You for taking your time to share your information with me.

KB7MIB

I forgot, DPS Metro West also covers I-17 north from the 101 freeway to the Yavapai County line, as well as AZ-74/Carefree Highway between US 60 and I-17.

John
Peoria

LARKDALE1

Premium Subscriber
I live here and cannot monitor almost all of the above with any scanners. I use the radio reference feed for Peoria disp, also use it for dps west and Phx fire.

If you try to scan it on a scanner you will pull your hair out with these simulcast issues!

KB7MIB

I listen to Peoria PD daily via the White Tank Mtn IR high site. They are also frequently carried on the Towers Mtn IR high site.
Surprise PD is also on the White Tank Mtns site.
Phoenix FD K-1 and K-6 are carried more and more frequently on the Towers Mtn IR high site.
Yes, Phoenix, Glendale, El Mirage, Tolleson and Avondale PD's have reception issues due to the simulcast system. (Goodyear and Buckeye PD's are encrypted.) Although Phoenix PD 200 can be heard on the Thompson Peak IR high site.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.