Goodyear PD Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There have been a few mentions of this in other threads, so I wanted to clarify. Goodyear PD is currently using RWC talkgroup 4998 (encrypted) as their dispatch channel. This talkgroup is active on Simulcast G with 719xxxx Radio IDs. They have been using the encrypted talkgroup since about November 2017. This is the last time I have heard talkgroup 4999 active with dispatch.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Yes, because they, the elite GPD, must hide all that they do behind encryption. Never mind that Phoenix PD, does not. It's called CYA, hide everything, and if something goes wrong, nobody hears it, and maybe nobody even finds out. PATHETIC. (end rant)

Simulcast J is essentially worthless for scanner people. Uniden x36's tend to stop sometimes on encrypted TG's (silently) for a second or two (if you don't have them locked out), and I've been noticing Goodyear seems to be encrypted. Thanks for confirming Cellphone.

On a positive note, Buckeye and Goodyear are for the most part podunk PD's that have nearly zero action, so we aren't missing anything major.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Yes, because they, the elite GPD, must hide all that they do behind encryption. Never mind that Phoenix PD, does not. It's called CYA, hide everything, and if something goes wrong, nobody hears it, and maybe nobody even finds out. PATHETIC. (end rant)

LOL! My thoughts exactly!

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Ironically, Buckeye and Goodyear PD have ALTERNATE dispatch TGIDs in the clear. Wonder why that would be?

And btw to those talking about Phoenix Police. I heard that the goal was for them to go 100% crypto. However, they left the dispatch channels available so the public can find out about significant events.

AzTac

I appreciate your frustration, but I don't think you're helping the cause by making baseless, spurious accusations. I think you would be well served to dial it back a little. To think PDs are going to encryption to somehow personally circumvent your hobby and conceal their activities is simply not rational thought.

Again, I understand your frustration (I feel it too) but if you think it through you'll realize that PDs have VERY GOOD reasons -- that have nothing to do with you -- for going to encryption.

Our public safety organizations need our support now more than ever.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Today I noticed that talkgroup 4999 Encrypted is active with Goodyear radio IDs. It looks like they may have moved dispatch back to this talkgroup, but it is now encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.