Payson PD using DCS not CTCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I decided to take a drive up to Winslow on Friday to check out the Standing On The Corner park.
On the way up and back, I went through Payson, and found out that Payson PD is using a DCS of 411 on their channel 1 (155.565), and not a CTCSS of 103.5 (I believe it is) that the database shows.
Can someone confirm this, so we can update the database?

Secondly, I have a question. What frequency does the Coconino County Sheriff's Office use when patrolling their stretch of AZ 87? Or do they patrol it at all? (I saw very few LEO's during my trip. 1 Ft. McDowell on 87 just north of Shea Blvd., 1 GCSO in Payson, and 2 Winslow in town. Then 1 or 2 Payson and 2 Scottsdale coming back home.)

John
Peoria

AzTac

John,

The area of SR87 you speak of is covered by Coconino County Sheriff's Flagstaff Patrol Division on 155.4900. (CCSO is streamed on scanner apps.) The area is patrolled by a resident CCSO deputy in the Blue Ridge area. As such, sightings of CCSO in that area are pretty rare.

Fun Fact: Did you know Coconino County is the second largest county (in square miles) in the entire U.S.?

DonWetter

Premium Subscriber
"The area of SR87 you speak of is covered by Coconino County Sheriff's Flagstaff Patrol Division on 155.4900. (CCSO is streamed on scanner apps.) The area is patrolled by a resident CCSO deputy in the Blue Ridge area.."

Sadly, the resident deputy resigned for Blue RIdge and I don't think he has been replaced. And Payson PD is using DCS 411
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.