'ALLIED1' Over Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

clover509

I've had 'ALLIED1' show up on my ADSB receiver, Flightaware.com and adsbexchange.com orbiting for several hours over Phoenix in the past.

Today, I caught the same 'ALLIED1' callsign on my ADSB receiver with an interesting ICAO hex code of 520278. Searching around the interwebs shows a possible tie-up of an Air Force RC-26B aircraft that was previously civil-registered as N6091F. (More on Air Cerberus, Inc. later.)

I've yet to ever hear these aircraft check in with Albuquerque Center or Phoenix approach to transit the Class B airspace enroute to or from Tucson or Fort Huachuca.

Has anyone else caught this aircraft on the usual VHF air traffic over Phoenix? If so, are they using the 'ALLIED1' callsign or the civil tail number?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I hear and see these guys regularly over southern Arizona via ADSB and on normal ATC channels for NAV. They like to do practice or training orbits over the Fort Huachuca area, but occasionally, they do venture out :)

skywarrior

Premium Subscriber
Allied 1

I have him today at about 11K feet using a code of 520278, squawk of 7707. No contact on UHF or VHF frequencies. I show him as UID since the code is erroneous.
Bruce
Monitoring in the Desert Southwest

Status
Not open for further replies.