Southest Ambulance now AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdkeeney

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AMR bought SWA. I have a friend who works with AMR and they use the convention channels attached under Southwest Ambulance on the radioreference page. But I have also heard some traffic on the Creative Communications Sales and Rentals TRBO system from what i believe to be AMR interfacility. Any confirmation here or thoughts?

Attachments

• AMR.jpg
    AMR.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 315

KB7MIB

Lifeline has replaced PMT in Peoria. The IAN Communications radio system that PMT was using appears to no longer exist. I don't know about the VHF channels they had.

The Phoenix CAD page still shows SWA and PMT on Glendale and Peoria calls, respectively, however.

Maricopa Ambulance has replaced Southwest Ambulance in Surprise and Scottsdale.

So a lot of changes have occured over the past couple of months.

John
Peoria

rdkeeney

Agreed, lots moving around. I even heard that AMR was in talks and plan to buyout PMT and Maricopa, along with, me being pretty sure that they've bought southwest. And I'm also fairly certain that lifeline is an AMR company too...

bill71

Premium Subscriber
AMR Maricopa, aka AMR Central Arizona is the original AMR. After AMR bought Rural/Metro, Southwest became AMR, PMT became LifeLine Ambulance. LifeLine Ambulance belongs to AMR. AMR Maricopa uses the CCS for IFT only now. AMR Maricopa in QC/Gilbert 911 switched to Ch. 15 on the UHF system recently, Gila Bend 911 (temp assignment) uses Ch. 18 UHF. The UHF system is still used by the old SWA/PMT crews. The VHF system is alive, but not used as far as I know. AMR IFT may switch to the UHF System (Ch. 20) also, maybe. 911 Units East of 51 use Ch. 15, West of 51 use Ch. 16, all IFT Units use Ch. 20. All 911 Units also use the RWC and TRWC System, all AMR Maricopa Units are equipped with Motorola 7/800Mhz/VHF P25 Mobiles. As far as Scottsdale, AMR refused to take their Paramedics off the trucks, so Maricopa Ambulance won the bid. All the ambulances are now BLS, they also pay Scottsdale something like $2 million a year for the contract. Surprise 911 is still AMR/SW as far as I saw at the Peoria Main Station last week. Sorry if this is all over the place.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
AMR Maricopa, aka AMR Central Arizona is the original AMR. After AMR bought Rural/Metro, Southwest became AMR, PMT became LifeLine Ambulance. LifeLine Ambulance belongs to AMR. AMR Maricopa uses the CCS for IFT only now. AMR Maricopa in QC/Gilbert 911 switched to Ch. 15 on the UHF system recently, Gila Bend 911 (temp assignment) uses Ch. 18 UHF. The UHF system is still used by the old SWA/PMT crews. The VHF system is alive, but not used as far as I know. AMR IFT may switch to the UHF System (Ch. 20) also, maybe. 911 Units East of 51 use Ch. 15, West of 51 use Ch. 16, all IFT Units use Ch. 20. All 911 Units also use the RWC and TRWC System, all AMR Maricopa Units are equipped with Motorola 7/800Mhz/VHF P25 Mobiles. As far as Scottsdale, AMR refused to take their Paramedics off the trucks, so Maricopa Ambulance won the bid. All the ambulances are now BLS, they also pay Scottsdale something like $2 million a year for the contract. Surprise 911 is still AMR/SW as far as I saw at the Peoria Main Station last week. Sorry if this is all over the place.

And AMR/LifeLine is still dispatching on their VHF freqs.
160.17000 WQAZ664 RM 146.2 PL Mingus Mountain
152.34500 WQAZ664 RM 146.2 PL Mount Francis
159.55000 WQAZ664 RM 146.2 PL Yarnell Hill
152.40500 WQCR312 RM 146.2 PL Bill Williams Mountain

Yarnell Hill has pretty good coverage in the West Valley

KB7MIB

I (we) need to check the IAN Communications LTR Passport system, as well as the VHF-Hi channels of 150.8300, 152.9900, and 153.0050 that PMT used to use, to see if they're still in use, and submit a change to the database if they're not.
I'm pretty sure that the IAN Communications White Tank LTR Passport site is gone. I don't know about the others.

John
Peoria, AZ

bill71

Premium Subscriber
We have no LTR radios. Do have VHF dual band, it's used for comms with PHX, MCSO, & R/M Fire most of the time. We also have the new Mesa VHF frequencies as well as all the other VHF M/A for the surrounding areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.