Trunk systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Uniden BCT8
Scanner
Hi everyone can someone help me understand trunking and the different talk groups for this scanner?

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCT8

Scanner

Hi everyone can someone help me understand trunking and the different talk groups for this scanner?

That’s a pretty broad question. What information are you looking for, particularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Thank you John. Radio chuck the settings has me confused I like want to be able to understand them!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Keep in mind that the BCT8 is old technology, analog only (no digital), and no 700 Mhz. frequencies, which both are now being used by many systems.

Where do you live and what systems do you want to listen to?

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Keep in mind that the BCT8 is old technology, analog only (no digital), and no 700 Mhz. frequencies, which both are now being used by many systems.

Where do you live and what systems do you want to listen to?

I live in Florence and I’m just trying to see what’s in my area that is interesting to listen to. I like listening to the prisons so far! I know BCT8 is old technology but I got it for 5 bucks and couldn’t pass it up!

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The BCT8 is an analog only scanner. There are very few analog trunked systems remaining, so there won't be much trunked stuff to monitor. APS is about the only analog system with coverage in Pinal county. You would be able to receive the Sacaton site and maybe a couple other sites like Signal Peak and Mt. Lemmon.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2350
This system will likely be gone by the end of the year as they are moving to a P25 Phase II system.

There is still a little Analog conventional left. Add DPS frequencies to your scan list if you have not already. This is my favorite analog agency to monitor:
Arizona Department of Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If you are interested in Aviation:
Albuquerque (ZAB) Air Route Traffic Control Center Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Or Railroad:
Arizona Railroads Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Anything that is interesting to listen too

I don't know if there's any analog traffic to still be had on the PCSO conventional analog system, but you might give that a try.

DPS is also a good one to monitor.

Beyond that, your choices may be limited to aviation, some railroad freqs and the like. Just browse the database and see what catches your eye. As cellphone stated, though, there are very few trunked systems that are still analog.

KB7MIB

Pinal County Sheriff should have completely moved off of their VHF channels. I don't know if they're being kept in reserve in the event of a trunked system failure.

Florence PD & FD's dispatch is conventional digital. I don't know if any of the other town channels are in use.

Coolidge PD & FD should be analog still.

I believe that DPS Metro South (460.275) covers as far south as Florence and Coolidge, but the troopers are usually on Metro East (460.200) due to dispatcher shortages, and the vast majority of comms will be in the East Valley of the Phoenix metro area on the 101, 202, and 60 freeways. Metro East Tac is 460.175.
DPS District 6 (460.025) will cover the rest of Pinal County. CI 5 (460.525) is also used in Pinal County.
Don't forget 460.225 for Statewide and State Tac.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.