168.1125 active

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I have not identified the user, but Federal Law Enforcement Interoperability 4/8 Tactical on 168.1125, NAC 68F, is active with users running 10-27's/28's through "Phoenix" base this afternoon.

I think I've heard this once before within the past month or two.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I've caught an ID of "BLM 200" calling "Phoenix".

I don't know why they're using 168.1125 and not their 165.6000 channel.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
In the past, and down south along the border, Fed agencies will set up temporary repeaters (if one isnt already established) on these when they take one of their daily use repeaters offline for service. I've also seen them use these frequencies for task forces. Last year there was a joint-op between FWS, BLM, CBP and a couple of others, they all used NIFOG listed frequencies and set up "tactical" repeaters in the AOR, maybe it's the same?

Then again, wasn't BLM and FWS switching over to P25 from analog? I know FWS down south started that transition, maybe this is related?

KB7MIB

I considered the possibility that their normal repeater was down, and they were using a temporary repeater that was faster to set up than to try to coordinate some other frequency pair. That may be what they're doing, but I don't know for sure.

BLM 165.6000 is already digital. It was actually encrypted for awhile, but has been in the clear recently.

I used to be able to hear the FWS on a repeater here in the Phoenix area, that sounded like it was linked to a repeater out on the Colorado River somewhere, but that was years ago.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I noticed today they have a couple of the VHF NIFOG frequencies patched to 8CALL90 and have a CWID set up on it. Ive only heard two people, both times each one said "low volume." Maybe they are testing equipment area wide?

Yeah down south, most of FWS was already digital, except a couple of towers, BLM is all digital down there. I think San Bern is one of the few FWS channels that are (were?) still analog. Duck cops really liked the digital they said, clearer audio for them.

ecps92

There are Regions that have implemented Interop for Federal IO activity on a 24/7 basis
rather than obtaining a new set of pairs.

I've not seen DOJ listing anything in AZ for Interop [originally DOJ 25 Cities] but things keep changing

I have not identified the user, but Federal Law Enforcement Interoperability 4/8 Tactical on 168.1125, NAC 68F, is active with users running 10-27's/28's through "Phoenix" base this afternoon.

I think I've heard this once before within the past month or two.

John
Peoria

ecps92

IF these are the Part 90 NIFOG VHF, also take a listen to the UHF

Many regions have implemented Tri-Stacks at the 800 Interop Sites, these patch the 3 Pairs together [VHF/UHF/800] for easy Interop

I noticed today they have a couple of the VHF NIFOG frequencies patched to 8CALL90 and have a CWID set up on it. Ive only heard two people, both times each one said "low volume." Maybe they are testing equipment area wide?

Yeah down south, most of FWS was already digital, except a couple of towers, BLM is all digital down there. I think San Bern is one of the few FWS channels that are (were?) still analog. Duck cops really liked the digital they said, clearer audio for them.

milcom_chaser

Can you dudes post a link to the specific interops your mentioning in this thread?

Additionally,

We tagged:

163.3875 NAC 47C
169.8250 NAC 47C

Calling into "Phoenix" with "NPS" mentioned, and running plates as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.