RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 11:32 PM

Question Grand Canyon Nation park North Rim

Hello everybody. I will be heading to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon next month and want to program some frequencies for the rangers, and fire crews and whatever else there is to listen to up there. I noticed in the database there are only a few North Rim frequencies, and they are all for the location of CC hill. I was wondering if there are more frequencies for the North Rim that are not in the DB. I was also wondering about the Navajo Nation Police, Fire and EMS in that area from near the area of Page down to Cameron on Highway 89. Thanks!

Last edited by BillH1; 06-11-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2018, 1:04 PM

I am not sure about North Rim, I am from Cameron, AZ and worked @ the Navajo Police dispatch during the summer in High School and volunteered in the Cameron Volunteer Fire Department. Navajo Police is spread out thin in that area. They usually have a couple of officers local and 1 to 2 officers to patrol the outlaying areas. But they operate of the same VHF frequency listed in the DB, but coverage is spotty on scanner, as the area has many valleys and canyons. There is only 2 fire stations that cover that area and they operate off the same frequency listed in the DB, they also use EMSCOM alot.
Old 06-12-2018, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron1055 View Post
I am not sure about North Rim, I am from Cameron, AZ and worked @ the Navajo Police dispatch during the summer in High School and volunteered in the Cameron Volunteer Fire Department. Navajo Police is spread out thin in that area. They usually have a couple of officers local and 1 to 2 officers to patrol the outlaying areas. But they operate of the same VHF frequency listed in the DB, but coverage is spotty on scanner, as the area has many valleys and canyons. There is only 2 fire stations that cover that area and they operate off the same frequency listed in the DB, they also use EMSCOM alot.
Thank you. I found the Navajo Nation frequencies under the Coconino County DB, I just wasn't sure how up to date those frequencies were. The Grand Canyon National Park frequencies are probably right also.
Old 06-12-2018, 3:03 PM

All the frequencies were up to date as January, the last time I went back, all the frequencies listed in the Tuba City area are for the Cameron area, Tuba City dispatched for our volunteer Fire Department. You could program in the Navajo Rangers frequency, as they patrol the Little Colorado River Gorge area. Also Fredonia Fire Department & Kane County EMS will respond up to the Jacob Lake area too.
Old 06-12-2018, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron1055 View Post
All the frequencies were up to date as January, the last time I went back, all the frequencies listed in the Tuba City area are for the Cameron area, Tuba City dispatched for our volunteer Fire Department. You could program in the Navajo Rangers frequency, as they patrol the Little Colorado River Gorge area. Also Fredonia Fire Department & Kane County EMS will respond up to the Jacob Lake area too.
Okay, thanks for the info.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2018, 2:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Mount Emma, and VT Hill are also North Rim. So when you load your freq., don't forget to add those.
Old 06-15-2018, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7ckq View Post
Mount Emma, and VT Hill are also North Rim. So when you load your freq., don't forget to add those.
Ok, thanks!