RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Sheriff
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default North County and Arizona Fire & Medical

Does anyone have the complete skinny on the Sun City West/Wittman/North County FPD/Arizona Fire & Medical Authority arrangements?

From what I understand NCFPD is the result of the merger of the SCW Fire Department and Wittman a few years ago. Then sometime after that the AZF&MA was formed between NCFPD and Sun Lakes.

I don't know if NCFPD and Sun Lakes are merging operations or just administrative functions. Are they remaining as separate FD's or not?

Facts are facts but my opinions are my own and may not reflect those of whom I work for.
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2018, 3:41 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Here's the AFMA website.

Arizona Fire & Medical Authority¬*

John
Peoria
Old 08-15-2018, 2:34 PM

North County/Sun City West, Witmann and Sun Lakes are part of a JPA that was created in July 2017. They now operate under one entity, Arizona Fire and Medical Authority. stations 101, 102, 103, 104, 106, 231 and 232.
Old 10-23-2018, 8:35 PM

What are the fire and medic frequencies for the Arizona Fire & Medical Authority in Sun City West?
Old 10-24-2018, 2:45 PM

Fire and medical both use phoenix fire dispatch. All calls for Arizona Fire and Medical Authority are dispatched by Phoenix (along with a majority of other departments in Maricopa County). If you are using a VHF radio then the main dispatch freq is 154.19000. K6 is the primary tac channel used once the call has been dispatched to a unit in Sun City West. Fire hazard channels are all on A dec and can be accessed with a VHF radio if you are within range of the call. Fire units only switch to A dec when on fireground and in some instances, other major incidents. Fire and medic units both primarily use K dec. If you are using a scanner then you are going to want K1/A1, A6 (154.31000 ) and K6 (Dec-1615, Hex- 64f, Mode-D) to listen in on sun city fire and medical calls.
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2018, 10:14 PM

Thanks. I really appreciate the help!!