RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrounds View Post
Bill - The only MCSO channel I know we have is Search 8 on the VHF's. The RMFD units will go directly to MCSO East or Lakes 1 if we send them up. When 206 or 210 go, they come to Ch. 2 and we generally relay with MCSO on a ring-down. It is so hit-or-miss with what units have which radios...

BTW: changes are in the works with all of the AMR/RM radio channels.
Hopefully something that frees up that channel 2 dispatcher... The different field units seem to love competing for airtime. FTH vs East vs Pinal etc..
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS262 View Post
Hopefully something that frees up that channel 2 dispatcher... The different field units seem to love competing for airtime. FTH vs East vs Pinal etc..
Here's an idea, lets all be on the same system with RWC/TOPAZ. That way we can have one radio. A mobile and two HT's. As it stands right now, center console, Dual Band Regional radio, 900 Mhz plumber radio (that we don't even use anymore, and has no mic), UHF old SW radio, two mounted HT chargers with XTS 2500 TOPAZ and a UHF SW radio, on the floor in a charger, VHF A/B-Deck HT. Hovering above all that is the MCT. It's just a little crowded!
Old 10-07-2018, 6:42 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I would think that you'd need two mobiles in the rig and two portables for each EMT/Medic.

One each on UHF for the old/current Southwest channels, and one each VHF/700-800 MHz for Phoenix FD RDC VHF A-deck and RWC G-/H-/K-/L-/Ocean-decks, Mesa FD RDC VHF B-deck and TOPAZ RWC C-deck, and Rural/Metro VHF. Plus an MCT in the rig.

John
Peoria

Last edited by KB7MIB; 10-07-2018 at 7:09 AM..
Old 10-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill71 View Post
Here's an idea, lets all be on the same system with RWC/TOPAZ. That way we can have one radio. A mobile and two HT's. As it stands right now, center console, Dual Band Regional radio, 900 Mhz plumber radio (that we don't even use anymore, and has no mic), UHF old SW radio, two mounted HT chargers with XTS 2500 TOPAZ and a UHF SW radio, on the floor in a charger, VHF A/B-Deck HT. Hovering above all that is the MCT. It's just a little crowded!
YES! I have been saying that all along. Iím sure itís a money thing.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS262 View Post
Iím not exactly sure what the final plan is, I know it is still a work in progress. Right now, I dispatch channel 2 for RMFD, plus handle all the other fire agencies dispatch with exception of AZ City and Regional (that is the Pinal EMS dispatcher) and also answer and EMD the 911 calls, non emergency lines, ring downs, and crew lines. We also pick up interfacility request lines when IF is busy. It can get a bit busy at times, other times thereís nothing going on. I know they want to move all emergent and non emergent call taking and interfacility calls to designated call taking positions, so if youíre on a radio, youíre not also on the phone. There is RUMOR of possibly using a Phoenix type model for rural metro radio traffic. Dispatch all calls on one channel, then send them to a tac.
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2018, 5:01 PM

KB7MIB: In the rig the Motorola APX Dual Band (7/800 Mhz/VHF) w/O5 Control Head covers everything on the T/RWC Systems. They also cover R/M FD, Prescott, N I-17, MCSO Search 8, AIRS, and a few misc things. I'm ok with keeping the MOTOTRBO XPR 55XX UHF Radio. We have a MOTOTRBO XPR 3500e HT that is programmed like the mobile UHF. But, update the old SW channels to DMR, and add more low power repeaters to hospital rooftops so we can actually use an HT! Right now my Medic carries the TOPAZ radio, and I carry my Anytone 868 that I have programmed with all the UHF/VHF stuff. I monitor MFDALARM VHF and UHF 15 with a tone lock on for my station. We need to have two topaz HT's though, and they need to be the dual band ones, right now they're XTS 2500 800's. With all the BS money being thrown at Creative Communications Sales and Rentals, Inc., I honestly think the rental program from Phoenix RDC, or something similar would be about the same, but more affective and safer.

kmrounds: Heres another wild idea, all three Supervisors listen to what Dispatch/Field Units (911 & IFT) have to say about the system,,,then go get the system that best fits OUR suggestion. Then, wait for it...make additional adjustments based on OUR feed back for at least a 4 to 6 month trial period! I know, we all have dreams...