Phoenix Valley FTO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I think there are very few tones used other than the one long tone that we always hear. Sky Harbor FS 19 has a unique two-tone, but I don't think FS 29 does. The Daisy Mtn Fire & Medical District used to, but I don't think it's still used. I may be wrong, though. Some of the battalion/deputy/district chiefs used to have individual tones.

If you have the capability to decode unknown tones, there is a test around 7am (Daily? Weekly on Tuesdays?) where you will hear a couple of different ones, but of course they're not identified as to who they belong to.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I've had the tones listed from the Wiki plugged into the scanner and radio, as mentioned previously, Sta 19 and DM are the 9nly 2 I hear them tone out, but I'm out of pocket for much of the valley, let alone the (far for me) west side departments. What's on the Wiki is accurate from my monitoring for 19 and DM

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KB7MIB

If you can hear Phoenix FD A-1 or K-1, you'll hear dispatches for all of the departments under the PFDRDC umbrella, regardless of their location in the Valley. They're all on the same dispatch channel.

I would think that you'd really have to be well North, East, or South out of the Valley to not hear A-1 on the White Tank Mtns transmitter, where most of the West Valley department and district dispatches are steered. And K-1, and the rest of the K-decks, are carried on all simulcasts except A.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Yes, K1 is fine, and sometimes A1, when its for the east side departments. Anyhow, those two tones I can hear on A1, havent heard anything else. Ill set a reminder for the Tuesday test, was that on A1?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Morristown uses FTO on 158.7525. I had them written down someplace when I decoded them last month but can't find them. I will see if I can listen for them again.

bill71

Premium Subscriber
What I'm looking for is the tones on Mesa FD B-Deck for Gilbert Fire and AMR. AMR Gilbert & Queen Creek Units on the old SWA channel 15. More specifically, Engine 257 and AMR 257.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I've got the scanner set up on B1 with the old SW ch15 (460.62500 - this accurate?) and ProScan running with FTO logger on, will advise on what I capture.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Also, here is what I have had in the scanner, don't know if any of this is accurate beyond what I mentioned previously

PRDC 651.9
Phoenix Fire All Call 339.6
PFD Sky Harbor 335.6-382.3
PFD Sky Harbor 2018 339.6-378.6
Wickenburg 349.0-634.5
Life Line Ambo Wickenburg 368.5-600.9
Life Line Ambo Circle City 330.5-600.9
Sun City BC 832.5-339.6
Daisy Mountain 368.5-389.0
Tolleson BC 726.8-339.6
Avondale BC 953.7-339.6
Surprise BC 979.9-339.6

bill71

Premium Subscriber
I've got the scanner set up on B1 with the old SW ch15 (460.62500 - this accurate?) and ProScan running with FTO logger on, will advise on what I capture.

Thank You Sir for your efforts! And yes, that is still the frequency for 15, AMR East (Alarm, Alert, Assignment).

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully I'm doing this right using the FTO search on the scanner correctly. Something I've been meaning to do anyhow.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Hopefully I'm doing this right using the FTO search on the scanner correctly. Something I've been meaning to do anyhow.

It is pretty simple, just set both the A tone and B tone to 0.0. The radio will activate on any decoded tone sets and display the approximate tones. Close enough is good enough for scanners but if you want a complete list of tones used by the various manufacturers see the chart at www.carmachicago.com/profiles/ToneChart.pdf

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
It is pretty simple, just set both the A tone and B tone to 0.0. The radio will activate on any decoded tone sets and display the approximate tones. Close enough is good enough for scanners but if you want a complete list of tones used by the various manufacturers see the chart at www.carmachicago.com/profiles/ToneChart.pdf

Yup, that's what I was doing, thanks for affirming that. This was the channel chart I have:

https://www.midians.com/pdf/tone-signaling-charts.pdf

So scanner is showing 644.9, 645.1 and 644.4 for Mesa B1 - so I'm guessing that translates into a proper tone of 645.7 ?

Last edited:

WIS262

This probably doesn’t help you much since you’re looking for the AMR Gilbert trucks. This was the tone list for SWA in Pinal County (and a few in the valley when I worked OT). I’m not sure if the AMR Gilbert trucks took the old SWA Gilbert tone pagers.

Mesa is all digital too, you won’t get tone outs for them. Same with your dispatches from Mesa Alarm on your 800 portable.

Rural Fire uses DTMF.

Attachments

• 291BAB97-BE34-4991-B765-099F34672EC3.jpg
    291BAB97-BE34-4991-B765-099F34672EC3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 235

WIS262

I've had the tones listed from the Wiki plugged into the scanner and radio, as mentioned previously, Sta 19 and DM are the 9nly 2 I hear them tone out, but I'm out of pocket for much of the valley, let alone the (far for me) west side departments. What's on the Wiki is accurate from my monitoring for 19 and DM

So the 2-tone you hear at Sky Harbor is not for FS19 nor FS29. Its a minitor pager that sits on a console within the Sky Harbor Comm Center. It notifies Sky Comm of Fire's response to any airport incidents. Its done automatically with Samantha and sets off the pager for any incidents within a predetermined footprint around Sky.

Its a little funny when it goes off for Central City calls at the washington street light rail station.

TOL BC161 and a few other BC's have 2-tone pagers. Gila Bend Rescue also had one when they were dispatched by PFDRDC.

Everything else is done through the Phoenix G2 station alerting system (there are some videos on youtube describing this).

Status
Not open for further replies.