RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 9:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default RWC interops/MA PSAP E&W ?

searching around this evening hears a couple of BOLO/ATL communications. Just wondering what agencies use this ? east TG 2872 west TG 2852.
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2018, 9:09 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

All Phoenix metro area law enforcement agencies as well as Phoenix and Mesa Fire Dispatch centers use this to communicate mutual aid situations.
Old 09-23-2018, 9:10 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PSAP is Public Safety Answering Point. These TGs are used between dispatchers of various agencies. They provide direct radio links from one agency to all others.
Old 09-23-2018, 9:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks . New to me. I got them added to a Fav list. are they very busy?
Old 09-23-2018, 9:17 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hit and miss, just like anything else. It's not a constant hotspot of activity, but you will generally hear ATLs, BOLOs and the sort here first before they are sent out over agency dispatch channels, especially if they are area wide and not totally localized. Asset coordination can happen here too. I keep it in the list and active a lot.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2018, 3:29 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

At one time, there were regular roll calls several times a day. I think the morning one included several agencies that weren't included in roll calls later in the day.

I don't listen to them any longer, because they don't seem to be carried on any of the IR sites, only the simulcast sites, which I can't receive.

John
Peoria
Old 09-24-2018, 5:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

John KB7MIB thanks for the reply getting off topic but what is the difference of an IR site and simulcast or a link I can read about this. I notice the IR sites near me but have been removing them from my fav lists.
Old 09-24-2018, 1:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
At one time, there were regular roll calls several times a day. I think the morning one included several agencies that weren't included in roll calls later in the day.

I don't listen to them any longer, because they don't seem to be carried on any of the IR sites, only the simulcast sites, which I can't receive.

John
Peoria
I used to hear the roll calls a lot but haven't heard them in awhile. I don't remember but I must have locked one of the TGs out.

BTW, I have 2872 as the 'old' Phx PD to all (not sure about a 'new' TG, and I have 2852 as the Mesa to all TG.
Old 09-24-2018, 3:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg153wftx View Post
John KB7MIB thanks for the reply getting off topic but what is the difference of an IR site and simulcast or a link I can read about this. I notice the IR sites near me but have been removing them from my fav lists.
An IR or IntelliRepeater High site is a stand-alone single site rather than a multiple location simulcast.

Very little law enforcement or fire/EMS communications are carried by them. (Peoria and Surprise PD's main dispatch A-1's are carried on the White Tank Mtn's IR. Phoenix PD's 200 A & B, as well as Scottsdale PD's A-2 North are carried on the Thompson Peak IR. Peoria PD A-1 and Phoenix FD K-1 & K-6 are carried at least part time on the Towers Mtn IR.) You will hear city services, the light rail, the community college district, etc. The G-deck, L-deck and Ocean deck interops are sometimes carried on the IR's, but not full time.

John
Peoria