RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2018, 6:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7TV0 View Post
Just wanted to update... sold the 436 and got the SDS100 and it's a winner. P25 is no longer a problem. Can pick up clear TFD signals and the distorted reception is now clear. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Great radio, but obvious flaw with the SDS100 is the lack of a GPS, as I've read in other posts. Uniden should have offered it as either a small, snug fitting module that plugs directly into the port or as an upgrade. I hate using wires and remote GPS units while traveling. Just more clutter. Does anyone know if the gentleman who installed internal GPS is still doing it? Did they work? I searched out the classified ads and could find no listing.

Thanks.
Great to hear that you found a solution!
Old 10-27-2018, 8:09 PM

Can't be that difficult to install, but it's just below my pay grade. The power supply would be an issue.