Potus Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added everything I could find for Public Service tomorrow under the Topaz system and the Motorola system . The last time he came lots of protesting happened. I am working on any kinks that might lock up scanner today. If you should have any ideals on what could be added please let me know. Yes I add DPS. everything sounds like it is working the anttena is back on the porch with good radius. Thanks Thomas

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It looks like he will be landing between 9:00pm and 10:15pm tonight at Sky Harbor. The most interesting comms that have been in the clear that I have monitored in the past have been DPS, and Air Traffic Control. It is always an experience to hear ATC talking to "Air Force One".

It sounds like he might be staying at the Princess in Scottsdale, so DPS should be active with the motorcade tonight.

If you are near Sky Harbor, or the Princess tonight, there may be some encrypted VHF federal freqs pop up that are not normally active.

During the events on Friday, there might be some might be some rarely used talkgroups pop up on the RWC and TRWC with security assistance at the events. In the past, most on this has be on the RWC H Deck encrypted talkgroups when around Phoenix and the west valley. Let's see what pops up on the TRWC when he is in Mesa.

clover509

If milcom holds any interest for you, I heard the following during the POTUS visit in August:

Air Refueling Common - 247.0500
Combat Air Patrol - 260.9000 and 271.0000

Comms are usually very brief and to the point, but every once in a while you'll hear the pilots chat back and forth to pass the time.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Motorcade traffic was on DPS Metro East from Sky Harbor to the Princess Hotel.
RWC H6 (encrypted) is active with Phoenix PD and Scottsdale PD radio IDs. I'm guessing this is related to the POTUS movement.
Talkgroups 1103 Phoenix Traffic Ops Center and 1108 ADOT Enforcement TAC on the AZ WINS system were active with freeway ramp closures.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
For monitoring on Friday:

POTUS will be at the Princess Hotel for a fund raiser until around 4:30pm where he will take a helicopter to Luke Air Force Base.
At 5:50pm, the president will depart Luke to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport for the Rally at 6:30pm.
POTUS will stay overnight Friday night at the Princess Hotel, and depart from Sky Harbor Saturday Morning between 8:30am-9:30am.

clover509

Just had BANKER-11 (KC-10, #85-0032) relieve BANKER-10 (KC-10, #79-1710) in the refueling track over Phoenix. Passed the two tail numbers of the Combat Air Patrol assets, but only caught the last four digits of each tail.

Comms have been pretty steady on 271.000.

Last edited:

clover509

BANKER-11 (KC-10, #85-0032) reporting to BIGFOOT that they are coming off-station, "passed a total of 77.5 in fuel" on 271.000.

Un-ID Combat Air Patrol assets with informal chat on 139.700.

SAM-518 (C-40, #01-0040) and SPAR-98 (C-37, #99-0402) off Luke AFB with Luke Departure, 118.150/363.125.

Last edited:

mesocyclone

I heard some "NOBLE" call signs that seemed to be Combat Air Patrol.

The Banker's were squawking ADSB, and although FR24 wasn't showing them, my own ADSB receiver let me track them in big racetrack patterns around the valley. I saw BANKR10, BANKR11 and BANKR12. They were at 25000 and 26000 feet.

I heard suspicious targets being handed off a number of times, but I couldn't tell who was the radar plane (and whether it was AWACS or Customs), and who was being given the tracks.

clover509

I heard what I thought was 'NOBLE' or 'BOLO' callsigns, but the comms are so short it was hard to make out.

I also caught a few suspicious aircraft being relayed from the CAP assets but don't know who, if anyone, had to make an intercept and ID. I didn't read or hear about anyone busting the TFR.

The CAP was calling 'BIGFOOT', but I didn't hear the other side of the conversation.

ILuvSantaFe

The correct Callsign for the CAP fighters you heard was BLUTO. Those are the NORAD ALERT birds from the 162 FW Detachment at KDMA. The BLUTO callsign is a normal everyday callsign you would hear if they were scrambled or special mission for NORAD.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Mesa PD was using Ch5 for units at Gateway, didn't hear a dispatcher just the units in the field. RR shows this as a future dispatch channel, haven't heard any other activity before or after the POTUS visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.