mesa pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
why does mesa pd control channels go to sramble at times? So annoying when your streaming. Or is this a scanner issue?

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
i have noticed on the main mesa police channels the police sounds like they are in scramble mode on the control main channels, is it scramble or is it my scanner turning what sounds like encrypted.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Simulcast distortion can sometimes be cured by moving the antenna to find a sweet spot that works best. Sometimes it is just a small relocation that is all that is needed.

If you have an outside antenna it might actually be too efficient, try using the attenuator. What happens is that your radio is getting signals from 2 or more of the sites and they tend to cancel each other out. If you can force the radio to hear just one site it usually works better. A directional antenna often helps but you can sometimes reduce the effect of simulcast by tilting the antenna, reducing the length or using a reflector.

It is more an art than a science it seems.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Simulcast distortion can sometimes be cured by moving the antenna to find a sweet spot that works best. Sometimes it is just a small relocation that is all that is needed.

If you have an outside antenna it might actually be too efficient, try using the attenuator. What happens is that your radio is getting signals from 2 or more of the sites and they tend to cancel each other out. If you can force the radio to hear just one site it usually works better. A directional antenna often helps but you can sometimes reduce the effect of simulcast by tilting the antenna, reducing the length or using a reflector.

It is more an art than a science it seems.

Exactly this. Attenuation is your friend when using an outside antenna. I've also noticed that dropping the digital threshold down to 7 works 80% of the time in clearing up distortion (especially when trying to listen to PRDC on Simulcast B - different system, but sometimes it works for Mesa's TOPAZ too). Granted, this is all specific to my area. Mobile in the truck, little to no issues at all with an antenna made for 800 Mhz.

KG7IWH

What frequency is Mesa Police/Fire?

What frequency is the Mesa Police/Fire stream you are broadcasting on broadcastify? New to radio with my first HT and trying to listen in with it.

Thanks,
KG7IWH

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
In response to the OP, one of the scanner feeds that streams Mesa PD has one of the SWAT channels in the scan list and those channels are typically encrypted for security purposes. Not really a scanner issue or streaming issue, it's more of an issue of trying to monitor an encrypted channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.