RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2018, 3:19 PM

Default Phoenix RWC

Has this system changed? About a week or two ago I was able to monitor the Simulcast C site from mesa but now I can only see signal bars on the voice frequencies but I can't pickup any of the control channels. I saw in earlier posts comments about upgrading to phase 2, has this happened? I am using a phase 1 scanner (396t). I can hear the Mesa and MCSO systems fine so I'm pretty sure the scanner is ok.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2018, 7:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

By simulcast C do you mean the Chandler PD channels ?
Old 11-05-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg153wftx View Post
By simulcast C do you mean the Chandler PD channels ?
Yes that's correct, the Simulcast C that carries Chandler PD as well as the fire TG's.
Old 11-06-2018, 6:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

As far as I am aware and according to DB nothing has changed . DB says RWC is P25 PH2.. PHXFire is on simulcast B (K deck) . however they also use analog for hazard incidents (A deck).

there has not been a lot of fuss in the forums or FB pages so you might have a site simulcast distortion (interference) issue.
Old 11-06-2018, 2:51 PM

Yes I see that the RR DB shows Simulcast C as a Phase 2 P25 system however they had been operating as Phase 1 since I could monitor with a Phase 1 scanner. What I was wondering was if there was anyone that could confirm if it's still Phase 1 or gone to Phase 2?
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank480 View Post
Yes I see that the RR DB shows Simulcast C as a Phase 2 P25 system however they had been operating as Phase 1 since I could monitor with a Phase 1 scanner. What I was wondering was if there was anyone that could confirm if it's still Phase 1 or gone to Phase 2?
It is still Phase 1.
Old 11-07-2018, 3:17 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

They are testing Phase 2 talkgroups here and there. The DB list shows it as Phase 2 so scanners know that those test talkgroups are there, and can be decided correctly for anyone that wants to monitor them.