Phoenix RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank480

Has this system changed? About a week or two ago I was able to monitor the Simulcast C site from mesa but now I can only see signal bars on the voice frequencies but I can't pickup any of the control channels. I saw in earlier posts comments about upgrading to phase 2, has this happened? I am using a phase 1 scanner (396t). I can hear the Mesa and MCSO systems fine so I'm pretty sure the scanner is ok.

eg153wftx

As far as I am aware and according to DB nothing has changed . DB says RWC is P25 PH2.. PHXFire is on simulcast B (K deck) . however they also use analog for hazard incidents (A deck).

there has not been a lot of fuss in the forums or FB pages so you might have a site simulcast distortion (interference) issue.

Frank480

Yes I see that the RR DB shows Simulcast C as a Phase 2 P25 system however they had been operating as Phase 1 since I could monitor with a Phase 1 scanner. What I was wondering was if there was anyone that could confirm if it's still Phase 1 or gone to Phase 2?

p19997

Premium Subscriber
Yes I see that the RR DB shows Simulcast C as a Phase 2 P25 system however they had been operating as Phase 1 since I could monitor with a Phase 1 scanner. What I was wondering was if there was anyone that could confirm if it's still Phase 1 or gone to Phase 2?

It is still Phase 1.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
They are testing Phase 2 talkgroups here and there. The DB list shows it as Phase 2 so scanners know that those test talkgroups are there, and can be decided correctly for anyone that wants to monitor them.

Status
Not open for further replies.