PHX Police on RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

OK I get the Black MTN 200 PRCT. clear as a bell. I am unable to hear any other PRCTS. Using a HP2 I have Phoenix PD simulcast A with all the prcts along with the South MTN and Thompson PK sites loaded from my fav list. any suggestions besides SDS100 or G5....Located in Mesa JEO 101/202.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I only use the Simulcast A freqs. Works well, no matter where I am in Phoenix (although I haven’t spent a ton of time monitoring that system). Mesa may be a different story, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
What area in Mesa? You are probably well out of the "range" for A. Directional antenna will be your friend. If you can locate the antenna outside, height will help. I usually don't start picking up A until about Alma School along the 60.
OK I get the Black MTN 200 PRCT. clear as a bell. I am unable to hear any other PRCTS. Using a HP2 I have Phoenix PD simulcast A with all the prcts along with the South MTN and Thompson PK sites loaded from my fav list. any suggestions besides SDS100 or G5....Located in Mesa JEO 101/202.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, really tough spot. Try the Tempe simulcast (is that F?) I will pick up PHX on there once in a while. Also try North Mountain site.

KB7MIB

As far as I know, the only IR site that carries any Phoenix PD precinct clear TG's is Thompson Peak. They carry the Black Mtn 200 precinct as you know. I have also caught C-deck 6 on there. Encrypted, of course.

South Mtn, North Mtn, and White Tanks only carry some of the encrypted TG's. None of the clear precinct patrol TG's. I'm not sure about Mount Gillen (Far North Mtn) or the Anthem sites. Towers Mtn doesn't carry Phoenix PD that I've ever heard. I'm too far away from the San Tan site to tell you what that one carries at all.

Simulcasts C (Chandler), F (Tempe) and H (Scottsdale) may carry TG's of precincts that neighbor them, such as South Mtn, Mountian View, and Desert Horizon. You won't hear Maryvale/Estrella or Cactus Park for example on any of them.

A directional antenna may be your only option if you want to hear all of the precincts.

John
Peoria

eg153wftx

Thanks guys for the replies. yea if I am mobile and anywhere west of 101 Pima/ Price no problem with "A" and all areas. I live in downstairs apt so antenna options limited. Just seems odd that I can hear Mesa fire all the way in Peoria off the Shaw Butte site.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I've picked up PHX Adam deck on various sites, but it's not consistent. I too am on ground floor of an apartment, so antenna options are very limited for me as well.

AzTac

If the HP2 has the same functionality as the HP1, you might try going into the "advanced" feature and disabling the Thompson Peak site. In fact, try disabling everything except Simulcast A. That may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Speaking from experience trying to monitor the RWC with the Home Patrol - you WILL continue to be frustrated. I all but abandoned the hobby until Unication came along. I'm thrilled to be able to monitor the RWC flawlesly now. Best radio decision I have ever made.

Good luck, but sadly your prognosis is with the HP2 and the RWC is not good.

rakotter

Feed Provider
I get the 400 and 200 Beat here on McClellan between Alma and Country club. My antenna is specifically a 800Mhz monopole, and its about 25 feet up. . Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa clear as a bell... I have another antenna tuned for 460Mhz and oddly enough I can get the 500 Beat with that one but nothing else.
The frequencies can be explained like this.. Air traffic frequencies are like bird shot, it spread out and easy to get hit with. Even with things in the way, it can still scatter.. 460Mhz is like buck shot, you have to be a little more direct then bird shot, but its still fairly receivable in a broad sense.. But 800Mhz + now we are at the .308 Sniper rifle, you have to be place perfectly to receive what you want to receive..

Status
Not open for further replies.