Conway PD on new P25 phase 2 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I see that some talk groups got added to the new Conway P25 phase 2 system in the database, for Conway PD. Interestingly, the mode is listed as "D" and not "E"... so does this mean that Conway PD is not encrypted on the new system?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I have tried PMing the submitter for usage, and clarification of modes etc and have yet to hear back. I for one would NOT trust any PD listing being in the clear on this system until you hear it yourself, or we get verification of whats what.

wbswetnam

I have programmed this new system into my mobile-mounted WS-1095, and I will be passing through Conway tomorrow (Friday 4/7). I'll report what I find.

wbswetnam

OK, here's my report. Conway Fire dispatch, fireground 1 and fireground 2 are in the clear, and are phase 1. Conway Police talk groups 101, 102, and 201 are all ENCRYPTED. I did not hear any activity on talk group 604. I included a wildcard for the system, and I heard what sounded like a school administrator: "Tell Ms. Pennington to cover for 8th period", but I didn't catch the talk group number since I was driving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.